my DRHD just got 4.4.2 update but flashboot wont let it!

LuKiKi

Reaction score
Hello everyone i am new to the forums and i am in need of help.

so a few months ago i rooted my droid razr HD using motochopper (XT926) (9.18.94) and then tried to unlock the bootloader using motopocolypse multiple times each time failing. so now every time i shut down the device it says

AP FastBoot Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2013-09-25 16:26:59)

Device is LOCKED. status code: 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

FastBoot reason: Flash Failure.

so last night i found out that the 4.4.2 kitkat update finally came out for the razr HD so I went and checked if it made its way to my device and it did! So i downloaded the update and when it shutdown it went into fastboot. I then pressed the powerbutton then did power button + volume up + volume down and into the other mode ( dont know whats its called) but anyways i scrolled down though the options and the hit the recovery. I was so happy to see that it had the little updating android animation until about have way when the update failed and it showed the android dude fallen over (Image Below). I've tried updating my RHD about 4 times now each trying different options in the fastboot including: Normal Boot up, recovery, and factory. recovery i've done twice and seems to be the only one that will get me to the android update animation, but then sadly fails. so if anyone knows how to get it to successfully update or get rid of the flashboot screen once and for all (update or just normal power off) that would be great.

Attachments

• AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg
    AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 559

bigmikekul

Reaction score
You'll need to back up your data, factory reset, and unroot by flashing back to stock. Its a much more complicated process than getting root, and it took me two days and lots of tries to get it right. Now that you've started the update, you're screwed.

I ended up doing it like this, you may not need all these steps: backup using Titanium (hopefully you did this before OTA); factory reset; use House of Moto to flash to clean stock version; re-root; restore from backup; use House of Moto 'keep data' script; get 4.4.2 update. No more root unless you are unlocked.

Very complicated instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2450702

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There are multiple threads on this topic. KK is designed to look for changes on your phone. If detected, the OTA will fail. If you want the OTA update you will need to return your device to stock.

OP
L

LuKiKi

Reaction score
Kinda works

thanks for the help, it got rid of the fastboot error everytime it shutdown my device, but still can't get kitkat. Still thanks for the help.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Samuaria's method is pretty damn simple and well proven to work on this phone. That's the only method I would use right now.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Samuaria's method is pretty damn simple and well proven to work on this phone. That's the only method I would use right now.

the tool i posted is "well proven", and has been maintained by me for the last 8 months.
they both flash in the exact same way when you choose fastboot flash on his tool.

i was merely sharing an alternative tool with no extra steps to set it up.
15,000 downloads and no bricked phones over 8 months supports this as a viable option for those who wish to use it.

you may not want to use it, or like it, but please dont imply this tool is inferior or not proven to work.

thanks

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Easy pal.

A) I didn't realize YOU were the Dev. I did not know that tool had been updated to the latest and greatest and all that stuff since this is all pretty new.
B) I've used your tool before.
C) It's a great tool.

:D

Sorry.

OP
L

LuKiKi

Reaction score
Thank you!

thanks so much bro I didnt think i was doing it right byt i guess i did. once again thank u man!!!