My Backup Pro - Number of Contacts Problem

phaze3131

Reaction score
Hey guys I am having a problem with My Backup Pro. Currently I have about 300 contacts in my phone. However when I do a contacts backup it does about 1700 contacts which does not make sense.

I had a problem restoring contacts months ago because it was trying to restore like 3k contacts, when at the time I only had like 300. Just trying to avoid this before I need to do a restore again, thanks for the help.

Brian1

Reaction score
Do you have more than one gmail account and are they all sync to each other duplicating your contacts across them all?

Brian

polack

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like your syncing multiple accounts. also check to make sure facebook and twitter aren't syncing as well. a buddy just went through the hassle of having to delete all the damn contacts he synced with his facebook account.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score
Do you have more than one gmail account and are they all sync to each other duplicating your contacts across them all?

Brian

yea just the one gmail account on this phone. And facebook and twitter are not synced (at all)

but if all this was true per say, wouldn't my contact list have 1700 contacts in it?

Like where are they hiding, from what I know when you sync other services like fb or twitter, they are added to your contact list in your phone... right?

Brian1

Reaction score
You might look at your contacts on google contacts and check the contacts and see if they have duplicates with in themselves. All i can think of.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score
You might look at your contacts on google contacts and check the contacts and see if they have duplicates with in themselves. All i can think of.

just the 315 contacts on Google. it can't. be just me this has happened to me many times in between different data resets and rome changes.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just curious but if your contacts are on gmail why would you back them up with My back up? my uncle did that once but he said when he restored the contacts since he already synced with his gmail, he got doubles of all his contacts. I use MBP also but i dont back up contacts.

Brian1

Reaction score
I have no other ideas. Not seen this on mine. One last thought is does this do this if you go back to all OTA stock settings? Brian

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score
just curious but if your contacts are on gmail why would you back them up with My back up? my uncle did that once but he said when he restored the contacts since he already synced with his gmail, he got doubles of all his contacts. I use MBP also but i dont back up contacts.

because about 3 or 4 times i have had it sync from my phone which had no contacts and just delete all my gmail online contacts.

It's probably the most vague thing in programming, "sync". I mean there is upload, download, upload merge, download merge. and somehow some genius decided to encorporate all that into one word and just hope for the best...