My android built number changed

Untained

Reaction score
My android built number Diffrent from before Please HelP!

Hi, I have a some concerns over my moto droid. I recently rooted it and had for some reason i decided to go back to stock and i found this tutorial on how to unroot my droid so i did and i ran VZW_A855_ESE53_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.03P_SW_UPDATE_01.sbf to unroot it.

now my build number is no longer Ese81 now it's build number is voles-userdebuf 2.2=update1 ESE53 25914 test-keys and i realy want to go back to ese81 did i do something bad? and will i be able to root again?

Phone specs:
Motorola Droid
Firmware Version:
2.1-update1
baseband Version:
C_01.3E.03P
Kernel Version:
2.6.29-omap1-gb5cd919android-build@apa26#1
Build Number:
userdebuf 2.2=update1 ESE53 25914 test-keys
before was ESE81

Thanks for your time. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You just updated to an older version... go read the tutorials in the hacking section and choose either a stock ESE81 rom or a custom 2.1 or 2.2 rom. Better yet, go get rom manager from the market and pick from there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
U

Untained

Reaction score
You just updated to an older version... go read the tutorials in the hacking section and choose either a stock ESE81 rom or a custom 2.1 or 2.2 rom. Better yet, go get rom manager from the market and pick from there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I downloaded rom manager from the market did not let me do any thing needed more permissions im assuming that's for rooted users, If i would to root my phone again with my build number being userdebuf 2.2=update1 ESE53 25914 test-keys using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf and then using update.zip to root would the build number affect the process?

Thank you.

Last edited: