Muzei Brings Artwork To Your HomeScreen Every Day

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
-pvYdT0WUBqnbnJpeJX7tuXoK-FXVZINai_nxX_V8ZqL28UPrbdd_Lqr7H4a1Z632vk=w300

Muzei is Russian for Museum which is basically what this app brings to your homescreen. Everyday you will get a fresh piece of artwork loaded to your homescreen keeping your screen fresh and new. The artwork dims and recedes so your icons stay in focus. Double clicking the wallpaper will open the app where you can browse and select a wallpaper of your choosing or you can chose one of your personal photos to be used from your gallery. If you chose to use your own photos Muzei will keep things fresh by rotating your photos every few hours. The app now includes a watch face for Android Wear as well! Head to the link below for the download.

via Play Store

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's still around afaik. (I don't know about Muzei)
But I just recently (few weeks ago) unsubscribed to their notification emails. IMO, it wasn't worth the cost. Amazing photo's and photographers, but you have to pay for anything you want to download now and it simply wasn't worth the cost to me personally.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Muzei uses your own pictures or Creative Commons images of famous works of art.

I actually ran it for quite a while on my last phone. It's pretty cool. I like that the pictures are blurred slightly (depending on settings), but a double-tap makes them clear (obviously that's gonna depend on you not having double-tap set to do something in your launcher of choice). It makes for just some kinda cool abstract blurred color wallpaper, but has famous art hidden behind it.

The fact that it changes daily ensures that you don't get too bored with it, but I'd kinda also like the ability to select from a list of pictures it cycles through, rather than have it stuck to randomly selecting for a LARGE collection and/or using my own pictures that aren't nearly as artful.

The pics are beautiful and you can select to get a notification each day when it changes that gives you the opportunity to open the picture fullscreen and gives the name of the piece, the artist, year, etc.

I may actually go back to using this. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: cr6

Gremlin

Reaction score
Googled and found the apk for 500px.. I just use 500px for that to get beautiful pictures that people take as my background.