Must Have Apps STICKY

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I saw this discussion but forgot about it as I replied to yours.

Must have apps?

It was asked after you had posted this one. So you can see why replies come in "search, it's been asked".
dancedroid

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Cdogg what are some of your Must Have Apps?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
C

cdogg777

Reaction score
Robo Defense.
WordFued(or WordsWithFriends)
Soundhound
TV Show Favorites
Live Scores
Movies
IMDB
My Profiles
Easy Uninstall
Antivirus
GasBuddy
Barscore Scanner

sidsixseven

Reaction score
Look/Feel Widgets

Beautiful Widgets
More options for clock, weather, battery, and toggle widgets. Downloadable skins, so new skins are frequently added. If you like the stock widgets, it's not needed. If you want your phone to look a bit different, good choice.

Minimalist Text
If you prefer a nice simple clean look for your clock / date widgets, this is a good choice. I think I see more people ask what app does this in screenshots than anything else. Similar to Clockr with more options.

Thunderstorm Free
Best live wallpaper for the Thunderbolt. It's basically the startup screen with lightning as your background.

Smart Shortcuts
Easy way to create subfolders with a custom icon on your homescreen. There are four types of folders: Applications, Files, Contacts, Bookmarks. The thing that makes Smart Shortcuts unique from similar apps is that it also has a "Freestyle" option that allows you to combine folder types (example: mix bookmarks with Apps).

Organizer Widget
This badly named free app has one of my favorites "looks" for seeing a call log, text message log and upcoming calendar events. It's a 1x4 widget, so very space efficient.

Car Home
Replaces the default Car Dock app with something a little more robust. I wish it had widget support, but other than that -- it's a pretty great App.

Zoom
By the maker of Tasker, this app allows you to create your own widgets. Very customizable. Since this integrates with Tasker, you can make some pretty amazing custom widgets.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to add Notification Toggle, Wave Launcher, and Swipepad to this list of great apps to have. Notification toggle has been my new "latest and greatest" app.....I am really liking it ATM.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't been impressed by a phone app in awhile, I have 211MB of free space in data/app and 47MB free in system/app but I don't keep a lot lying around - Maps, Car Home, Navi, Music, Live Wallpapers, Calculator, Email and all that jazz.....gone

...as far as Market apps - I barely have 15 installed, Tapatalk, FB, Twitter, SetCPU, NinjaMorph, Gmail, Better Terminal, Screenshot ER, Root Explorer, Dropbox, TiBu, Wireless Tether, Swype and SyncSMS - that's it

Now the Xoom - that's a different story :wink:

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I get a tweet with updated pages from Android Social media that has a new list every now and then. So here's more ideas on the must have apps suggestions... Again this is their list...

Must Have Android Apps