Music deleted from sd card

Myco

Reaction score
Just to be clear, the music sub-folders (artist names) were still showing but were empty of all data. The fact that they were on sdcard2 is a little worrisome. Not a big deal as I just throw a handful of albums on there in case google play music is acting up, but something caused the data to wipe.

amavit

Reaction score
Hope it helps! I find it a lot easier than having to constantly restart the phone lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

nycnic

Reaction score
I tried unmounting and remounting sd card and its no use. I've searched every folder. Music is gone. Earlier, I had restarted my phone and realized it says its going to delete temp files. That's when it must have happened. Why on earth would it be programmed to think music, mp3s are temp files. Really? My music all came from my laptop, but its no small feat loading it again. Pain in the a**!
:angry:

Matt_Droid

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for some further advice on here regarding this.

I've got a standard unrooted Sensation XE which has a 16gb SD Card in it. It's now maxed out BUT I'm sure this temp file thing is causing even more issues than it should - going through my folders my music takes up aprox 6.09gb on the car. Everything else adds up to no more than 3gb

Yet my "Tempory Files From HTC Apps" is showing 6.10gb of data maxing out my card.

I've tried accessing the phone through my pc then DCIM and deleting the thumbnail, but that only ever deletes around 1.5gb data.

It seems to me like this temp file has duplicated all my music files somewhere seeing as it's almost a carbon copy in terms of size.
I've gone through subfolders looking for duplicates but cant find them.

Any idea's?

Here's a list of my folders with the space being occupied by them
2012-11-20_10-43-47.png

Last edited: