Music App in landscape = useless?

gfunk

Reaction score
I noticed this when in the car dock. Disabled the car dock mode to get to my music app. Since the phone was held in the car dock in landscape mode, the Music app rotates itself into landscape mode, which apparently has no controls for anything???

In landscape mode, the Music App only seems to show albums to choose from. The menu touch-button doesn't do anything. There's only a play/pause button. No option of choosing artists or songs, or playlists. The Search touch-button will only search Google, not your music.

What gives?

66dude

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me! I reported this in the Multimedia/car Dock Thread on the first page (as of now anyway). There is at least one reply to my problem, and I hope more replies will come!

OP
G

gfunk

Reaction score
It actually doesn't matter whether it is in a dock or not - if you open the music app, and turn your phone sideways, it gives you the worst method of controlling your music - it's totally useless. It just so happens that the car dock is sideways, so thats what we get. Unbelievable.

66dude

Reaction score
I see what you mean about the controls. It only displays the play/pause button on the right and the playlist display toggle on the left. No back/forth buttons. When it is out of the car dock, it is displayed perfectly in landscape. When I put it in the car dock, it appears to be in portrait mode even though the phone is physically in landscape mode, and the controls are the same as in landscape mode. I am on the hunt for another music app that can be automatically paused by Google Navigation when Google Nav speaks direction. So far, the stock Sense Music app is the only app I know of that does this, a must-have feature for me. Winamp merely mutes the music when Google Nav speaks, not pauses.