Multitouch keyboard from droid x works on the milestone?

iamdarren

Reaction score
I didn't have any of the extra keyboards installed but i think its the best one. Sywpe really slowed down my phone all together. This ones very nice.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
if i install this keyboard it will erase the default android keyboard?

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
Keep in mind that I had the HTC IME mod and Swype already installed, and the HTC IME was the only KB selected in Settings. May not let you install if you have it selected as the default/optional keyboard. Deselect stock soft keyboard and then try to install.

no luck =(

Eggos

Reaction score
Removed the latinIME.apk (default keyboard) and let me install. Works fine for me.

Sent from my Milestone

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
It doesnt give me the option to install, just launch and uninstall. Doesnt seem to be able to uninstall, do i need root access to do this?

Eggos

Reaction score
It doesnt give me the option to install, just launch and uninstall. Doesnt seem to be able to uninstall, do i need root access to do this?

To remove/move the default keyboard apk with the method I used, root is required. You can not do it purely on the handset without it.

Sent from my Milestone

geekygirlau

Reaction score
Removed the latinIME.apk (default keyboard) and let me install. Works fine for me.

That's what I had to do - thanks for the tip :) working now, see how we go over a couple of days with it!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
i like the htc keyboard better, this seems to response quickly but , i like that in the htc u long press the keys and get numbers and symbols, this isnt possible on the droid x keyboard, what a shame =/

dmo580

Reaction score
HTC_IME is the best layout with the best features. Volume rocker cursor movement... Swipes, etc.... it's VERY well refined even though the developer has stopped working on it.

If only it had multitouch, it would be the game changer. Too bad I have to resort to Smart Keyboard Pro.

volume rocker cursor movemente? i use the htc keyboard but i dont remember those features =/

HTC_IME has this. The implemented it in v20 or v21... I forget. It's VERY useful. We lack a good cursor movement tool and the Droid X finally has something like the iPhone. I think the iPhone did nail it well with the magnifying glass. Even HTC's Sense features something like that.

I hate tapping around to try to get the cursor to the right place so at least HTC_IME lets me go left and right using the volume rocker keys. It's a good addition.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
HTC_IME is the best layout with the best features. Volume rocker cursor movement... Swipes, etc.... it's VERY well refined even though the developer has stopped working on it.

If only it had multitouch, it would be the game changer. Too bad I have to resort to Smart Keyboard Pro.

volume rocker cursor movemente? i use the htc keyboard but i dont remember those features =/

HTC_IME has this. The implemented it in v20 or v21... I forget. It's VERY useful. We lack a good cursor movement tool and the Droid X finally has something like the iPhone. I think the iPhone did nail it well with the magnifying glass. Even HTC's Sense features something like that.

I hate tapping around to try to get the cursor to the right place so at least HTC_IME lets me go left and right using the volume rocker keys. It's a good addition.
i didnt know that, sounds really useful im struggling to get the cursor in the right place, google may have to copy iphone's magnifying glass xD

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

That's what I had to do - thanks for the tip :) working now, see how we go over a couple of days with it!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

how did u erase the stock keyboard? im trying to do erase using root explorer and it says it cant be removed because its a read only file wtf i have root =/

Szadzik

Reaction score
how did u erase the stock keyboard? im trying to do erase using root explorer and it says it cant be removed because its a read only file wtf i have root =/

When you are in the directory, at the top it says 'mounted ro', click on it and it will change to 'mounted rw' and then you will be able to delete the file.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

When you are in the directory, at the top it says 'mounted ro', click on it and it will change to 'mounted rw' and then you will be able to delete the file.

thank you! i managed to erase it with your instructions :icon_ banana: