Multiple Issues

JoeSexAppeal

Reaction score
My D2 started acting funny the other day. First it just randomly deleted all my recent calls and contacts. I restarted it and they were back again, but it only had recent calls and texts from up to October 17th. Now it has randomly froze and deleted my contacts several times and everytime i restart it there is no texts or calls from after October 17th. I have tried to factory reset 2 times and both times it has just frozen at the screen it goes too after it shuts down. I waited a 30 mins both times before taking the battery out. At this point i just want to wipe it and start over fresh but i cannot get it to reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
J

JoeSexAppeal

Reaction score
I cant get it to factory reset. When i try, it powers down, then goes to a screen with the droid mascot and yellow triangle at which point it never goes past this screen and the reset never actually happens because i have to remove the battery in order to get it off that screen. I tried twice and waited 30 mins both times and it says it should only take about 10.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It sounds like you'll need to use RSD Lite and the stock SBF to do what you want to do.

However, I'm not sure if there's anything weird you need to do in order to do that or if the RSD Lite/SBF method is different with the D2 over the D1. Can you get into the bootloader?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I cant get it to factory reset. When i try, it powers down, then goes to a screen with the droid mascot and yellow triangle at which point it never goes past this screen and the reset never actually happens because i have to remove the battery in order to get it off that screen. I tried twice and waited 30 mins both times and it says it should only take about 10.

When you reach that screen open the keyboard and press the search button on the keyboard. That will open up recovery. From there you use the volume keys to move up and down and the camera button to select.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App