MULTIPLE Issues After Upgrading to Jellybean 4.1.2

DaybreakerDJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've joined this forum in the hope that I can find some ways to possibly fix these issues I have been having with my phone after upgrading to the new Jellybean OS or possibly even downgrading to the previous version I had. I am using a Droid RAZR.

First off, there is no streaming capability on my phone. It can't stream videos from the YouTube app, it can't stream music from Google play, or any of the music I have from my SD card. Flash seems to have disappeared from my web browser as well ---in terms of streaming, this might also be the reason that my phone (when I have it on loud) doesn't play my ringtone for both my alarm or incoming calls, it just vibrates instead. Second, battery life is worse than I have ever seen a smartphone. It doesn't even last me five hours (this may not be due to the upgrade, it may be the fact that my phone's battery has pushed passed its prime?), it seems that it's unable to hold a charge. I'll put it in my pocket and then shortly after, it feels like my pocket is on fire. Thirdly, I've had to hard reset my phone multiple times already. Sometimes the phone will just freeze up and becomes useless or, the home screen will become black and even though I'm able to mess with the unlock wheel on the front, when I slide right to unlock, it freezes there until I turn off the screen so when I turn it back on, the same thing occurs until I reset it. I'm wondering if it's just time to replace my phone (although I hope this is the worst case scenario).

I hope you can help! Thanks.

seove

Reaction score
After the update I have several issues that are driving me nuts.

Missing texts messages
Sleep Mode gone
Auto space with browser not working
Gallery pics all disorganized
Phone and People apps not organized. Many duplicates and "(no name)" entries
Speed dial settings gone
Emergency contacts gone
Contact icons missing

Just to name a few.

User405

Reaction score
I just updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 last week and I'm having similar problems as DaybreakerDJ described. On my phone, the screen sometimes goes blank right after I swipe it open to the home screen, the phone will start vibrating every second, and I have to shut it down and reboot the phone. This started last night and I've had to restart the phone about 20 times in 12 hours.

OP
DaybreakerDJ

DaybreakerDJ

Reaction score
Unfortunately I just had to purchase a brand new phone. I guess the new update is just completely unstable with the Droid RAZR so I upgraded to the M. No real problems so far except that the home screen crashes every once in a while.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Unfortunately I just had to purchase a brand new phone. I guess the new update is just completely unstable with the Droid RAZR so I upgraded to the M. No real problems so far except that the home screen crashes every once in a while.

Homescreen crashes would annoy me. :( Try clearing cache on launcher in settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

JesseMoore62

Reaction score
I've also been having problems of not being able to turn my D4 display back on when in a call. I have to slide the keyboard open in order to end a call, it's very frustrating, I haven't dropped it or had any water damage be taken to the sensor, so it has to be an OS defect.