Multiple Gmail Accounts

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
So, my job just decided to go to gmail as the main work email. I already use gmail as my main email for personal stuff as well as my default phone stuff. I am not interested in simply having things forwarded to my current as I am intrigued by the idea of finally having a separate work and personal email.

That being said, anyone have experience running two gmails? Do I simply "add new account" within the default gmail app? What are some of the shortcomings/pitfalls of running two at once?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, you can add a second Gmail account. I also have a work and a personal account. Yes, just "add account " within Gmail. They'll be separate, and you can toggle back and forth between them. The calendars can be combined or separate (you choose which calendars to show in your view).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

zetachi

Reaction score
yup I'm running 5 or 6 gmail addys :) Plus Yahoo and Outlook

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I use one for work as well. Easy to switch between the two, all kinds of settings, like someone else said about merging the calendar. Can't really think of many shortcomings that aren't in just having one account. Like, I hate that if you have more than 1 new email in your inbox it only shows "[email protected] New(2)" instead of just showing what the most recent one was. Not the end of my life, but I'd rather see what it is than be reminded of what I purposely ignored...

statoncj

Reaction score
I recently switched from a Blackberry to a Droid Bionic on Verizon. I set up it with my home gmail account first, and that syncs, shows up ,etc fine. I added my work GMAIL account (which I had to set up manually), but for the life of me, I cannot find how to access this account. The only way I know it is syncing is that if I do get an email, and do the main screen scroll down to see recent updates, the email shows up and I can read it. However, I can't seem to find how I actually open the corporate account to use for emailing, etc.

Please help

CJ

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have found that if you press in the top right corner of tour gmail page it will change which gmail account you are accessing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

johnlgalt

Reaction score
More specifically, you press on your current gmail acount name at hte top right, and it takes you ot the main Gmail page where all your GMail accounts are listed.

On the top left, where it (usually) says Inbox, you can change the current accout's folder (sent, Spam, etc.)