Multimedia Dock

ryanm

Reaction score
The dock is nice but a few things I don't like...

On my old phone when charging the screen clock could be set to always be on. I know I can always turn the screen timeout to never, but is there a way that you don't have to hit the power button to see the clock, pain when you're trying to not wake up and just see the clock. The buttons stay lit and are rather bright.

Also you cant change the background.

Remnever

Reaction score
When my phone is on the multimedia dock it stays lit and I did not change any settings. It does dim a little bit but I can still see it without touching anything.

Honestly the dock isn't a cool as I thought it would be. I am still trying to decide if I should keep it or return it for the car dock or something.

OP
ryanm

ryanm

Reaction score
If it cost 5 dollars more I would return it. Not saying I think its worth it but I get 25% off and am lazy.

davideo

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the display turning off after a minute (or whatever it's set for) when connected to the dock. The dock has to be plugged into the wall, not a USB connection for the display to be on all the time.

I wish the dock had audio outputs - so I could use my good speakers to listen to music while it's docked. I know I can connect speakers to the headphone jack, but that's one more hassle... Of course if the dock DID have audio outputs, the price would probably be higher.

reidry

Reaction score
There is a setting down in Applications > Development > Stay Awake that will keep the display on while charging.

Ryan

josh

Reaction score
Is anyone selling these online? I'd like to get one but I'm not in a huge rush, and if I can save the ridiculous sales tax they charge here in Chicago all the better.

xxfire

Reaction score
User Error Ryan...
Hit the dock setting and make it say on...
You get a clock AND local weather...
It's sweet...
And if you turn your ringer off, it'll just play music and sound the alarm.. no other notifications.. It's cool..

eclimax13

Reaction score
my screen stays on as well...make sure its connected fully to the mini usb and not just resting in the cradle...

Vancelot

Reaction score
That is the problem I had. It just wan't seated all the way in.

m0nkee

Reaction score
Got mine today and I'm happy with it, hitting the lock button works to turn off the screen and doing so doesn't bother me. :p

xxfire

Reaction score
I don't see the issue really...
I put the droid in the dock, the alarm clock mode pops up.. done.. screen stays on...
What's the issue?

OP
ryanm

ryanm

Reaction score
I had it plugged into my comp usb and it would turn off. Now its in the wall andisfine

Jittery Jim

Reaction score
Is anyone selling these online? I'd like to get one but I'm not in a huge rush, and if I can save the ridiculous sales tax they charge here in Chicago all the better.

I've been trying to find one on-line myself, so far no luck. No one local has one and I can't even find it on Verizon's site.

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
Try the androidcentral.com accessory store. I believe they are selling it there, I got mine like 2 and a half weeks ago i went in to the VZW store and had them order it for me it was sent directly to my house in 2 days viz FedEX.