MP3 Direct Download

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Can and how do you download an MP3 file directly to the Droid? I went online with my phone and tried to download an MP3 ringtone and it said Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone. The web page say that most smartphones should be able to download the MP3.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to droidforums jcassell :D

I can't answer that question but there's plenty of apps in the market for ringtones. i personally use Mabilo Ringtones. i've yet to search for a song it didn't have. :D

OP
J

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Yeah, I've downloaded several from the market, I just ran into this issue last night trying to download one from a wesite and didnt realize you couldnt do that. Wondering if our phones do not have that ability or if I was doing something wrong.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out "i Music" in the market. It lets you search for songs or view the Top 50 charts for different genres and whatnot. Then you can download any of the songs. For free. It's quite nice.

You could also go to places like Skreemr.com using your phone.

Edit: The above are for full songs, not ringtones specifically. Although any full song + Ringdroid app = ringtone.

rdm

Reaction score
downloading mp3s

I have a similar issue, I've only had my DX for 2 days--from BB Storm 1. Now, I use a secure site on the internet to download a daily mp3 report. What occurs now, on the DX browser is that it acts like it is downloading, but doesn't save the filename, but rather the website (ie: not abc.mp3, but aaa.com) as an unknown file. Everytime it says "dl unsuccessful."

Is there some setting. I know that I can do it on opera, but I find that the native browser should be able. Also, the Dolphin browser doesn't do it either.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whenever there's a redirect to an mp3 the only thing I've found that works is the opera mini browser. Long press the link and save it.

I believe Opera mini is, by the way, the only browser that allows you to upload files too.

cmcgaughan

Reaction score
Skreemr - I tried to download an MP3 file and got an error that file type not supported. I'm obviously doing something wrong - can someone please tell me how to download ringtones which will stay on my phone and be recognized for what they are. Extremely frustrating. Are my only choices for downloading ringtones using the apps provided on the phone?

bje1982

Reaction score
Skreemr - I tried to download an MP3 file and got an error that file type not supported. I'm obviously doing something wrong - can someone please tell me how to download ringtones which will stay on my phone and be recognized for what they are. Extremely frustrating. Are my only choices for downloading ringtones using the apps provided on the phone?

Try long pressing the download link for the ringtone and when the menu pops up select save link.. Works for me :)

BigZig

Reaction score
Edit: The above are for full songs, not ringtones specifically. Although any full song + Ringdroid app = ringtone.[/QUOTE]

Yo cm this is the way to go. With ringdroid app on the market you can take ne song on your sd card and edit it into a ringtone also combine with a mp3 downloading app form the market you have ne song you want as a ringtone baaaaaaaaammmmmm

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If you have astro file manager, press menu, select preferences, checkmark "enable browser download" It says this allows you to download any type of file, but that it might mess up attachments in google mail. So just uncheck after you are done.