moving SD chip from Incredible to Razr??

etw

Reaction score
I moved my 2G SD chip from my old Incredible to my new Moto Razr and it doesn't recognize it....and wants me to format it.
Do I have to lose all the data (from various apps, etc)?...or is there some way?
THX!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if you have a sd card reader you can put the files on your computer. after doing so format it on the Razr then transfer it back over. Not sure if there's another method, but that's what I would do

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You could also put the sd card back into your incredible, connect the incredible to the puter, copy the contents to your puter, then format the sd card in your Razr and move the files from your puter to your Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
....what they said, cardreader is quicker for me personally, copy/paste the sd to a folder in windows, zap the card with the RAZR, stick it back in the cardreader and copy/paste back onto SD, out of reader, back into RAZR. Done and done. You can get a serious cool ten-in-one USB cardreader on 4m4z0n for like 3.00 and and shipping or thereabouts if you don't have one.

OP
E

etw

Reaction score
Thanks...but argh!!

I did all you folks suggested and still no go so I called Verizon's tech support and they said the microSD chip from the Incredible is NOT supported by Motorola!
Apparently all SD chips are not created equal!....anyway, they're cheap and I'll pick up a new one....thanks again!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm confused...is this a sd "chip" or sd "card"? Would they be one and the same or two completely different things. If it is an sd "card" then unless it came with the phone (and even then, it should be doubtful) then you should be able to copy the contents from it to your computer and even reformat it on your computer or your Razr. I have had the same sd card for my incredible, then charge, now Razr.

Keep in mind that Verizon's pat answer when they don't have a solution is often "it can't be done" so don't trash that card just yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
E

etw

Reaction score
The format tool did the trick....thanks!!

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
np, glad I could help, I just found out about sdcard.org a few days ago myself, they are trying to create industry wide standards. 1st time I noticed this was years ago when a blackberry wouldn't see a card that had been formatted nokia, and niether one of them worked perfectly with cards formatted on windows. That tool is pretty cool, I've used it for all sd formats since I got it

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
altspeed said:
np, glad I could help, I just found out about sdcard.org a few days ago myself, they are trying to create industry wide standards. 1st time I noticed this was years ago when a blackberry wouldn't see a card that had been formatted nokia, and niether one of them worked perfectly with cards formatted on windows. That tool is pretty cool, I've used it for all sd formats since I got it

Thanks! Excellent information!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums