Moving pix or music files between PC and droid

greg24fan

Reaction score
Day 1 with my phone so be patient with me. I've plugged it into my computer and "mounted" it. On my PC, the phone gets assigned a drive letter and on that drive, I see a DCIM folder with .thumbnails and 100ANDRO subfolders. I also see a google_maps_navigation folder that has subfolders and then there is a LOST.DIR folder.

What do I need to do or look for, on the phone or the PC to move pix or music files off my PC onto the droid and be able to find them on the droid, or to be able to move pix or flix I make with the driod onto the PC? I tried dragging a test pic onto the phone in the DCIM folder but I can't find the pic on the phone. I have astro app installed by the way. Is there a way to view the sdcard folder on the PC and also view or listen to what I move to it on the phone?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stick them wherever you want to. There are tons of threads with instructions. The typical recommendation is to create a Media folder and then to create subfolders under that.

Is there a way to view the sdcard folder on the PC and also view or listen to what I move to it on the phone?
You can't mount and access the SD card from the Droid at the same time. Though, IIRC there's an app that allows that. I can't recall its name so you'll have to search/Google it.

OP
G

greg24fan

Reaction score
Okay, so if I can stick them where I want to, is there at least a way I can create a folder to stick them that I can see from both devices? Right now, through astro, I don't see any of the folders on the phone that I see on the PC and I don't see any of the folders on the PC that I see in astro on the phone.

Finnstang

Reaction score
Okay, so if I can stick them where I want to, is there at least a way I can create a folder to stick them that I can see from both devices? Right now, through astro, I don't see any of the folders on the phone that I see on the PC and I don't see any of the folders on the PC that I see in astro on the phone.
On your PC, open the drive that was associated with your phone...right-click...New....Folder. You can't see the folders using ASTRO if it is mounted to the PC...once you unmount, you can see them with ASTRO...although you may need to go to the sdcard folder first...

OP
G

greg24fan

Reaction score
I found a how-to in the forums. On my pc, on the "removable disk" which is my phone, I created a folder called "media" and a subfolder called "photos". I dragged the photos I wanted over and then unmounted the phone and am able to see the photos in my gallery and was able to set one as my wallpaper. However, I haven't quite mastered getting the right kind of photo such that it fits on the screen properly whether I use a standard version or a landscape version. In both cases, the ends of the phot are cutoff on the screen. I'm sure I just have to find something with the object far enough away in the photo as to fit the screen when the ends are cut off.

thanks for the info