moving from 8gb to 16gb SD card

skytbest

Reaction score
So I recently got a 16gb SD card. I formatted it in FAT32 and then copied the contents of my old memory card to it. When I put it in my phone all I get is errors. The phone cannot modify the content on it. I can read from it with my file manager app for a period of time, but sometimes I just cannot. I was able to rename a folder and delete a folder, but sometimes I can't. I can't make a new folder on it. When I use an application the access the SD card it just freezes up. I've tried unmounting and mounting it again, also erasing all data from the phone, nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Thanks

lizard

Reaction score
I've never formatted an sd, and I only know a few things about files, but isn't FAT32 a windows file format?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When i changed cards on my Incredible i plugged into the desktop, literally dragged the card contents into the desktop in 1 file, unplugged, took the old card out, formatted the new card in the phone, plugged back in and dragged the entire contents file onto the new card in 1 file. Worked like a charm

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

lizard

Reaction score
Menu>Settings>Storage>Unmount SDCard. Did you do this before powering phone off to remove old card?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums