Moving email into folders...?

Maye7157

Reaction score
Possibly simple question. Can I move emails into pre-existing folders from the phone - Either in exchange or gmail. Can someone help walk me through this? I just moved from a Windows Mobile OS.

Thanks,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly simple question. Can I move emails into pre-existing folders from the phone - Either in exchange or gmail. Can someone help walk me through this? I just moved from a Windows Mobile OS.

Thanks,

While you are in your mail tap your settings. You will see a change labels box pop up on the left of the menu. Tap that and select the folder you wish to move it to.

You can also create personalized folders, but it's probably easier to do that in gmail on line. You would just add a label and name it.

I'm kind of guessing a bit, because this is a Fascinate but the same rules should apply.

OP
M

Maye7157

Reaction score

Thanks,

While you are in your mail tap your settings. You will see a change labels box pop up on the left of the menu. Tap that and select the folder you wish to move it to.

You can also create personalized folders, but it's probably easier to do that in gmail on line. You would just add a label and name it.

I'm kind of guessing a bit, because this is a Fascinate but the same rules should apply.
I appologize for my ignorance. I'm not seeing the "Change labels" box.
I have -Refresh, - Compose - Folders - Accounts - Account Settings - Sort

I've gone to the folder of where I'd like to dump this email but it's giving no option to move email into folder. I am positive i'm missing something simple.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

I've gone to the folder of where I'd like to dump this email but it's giving no option to move email into folder. I am positive i'm missing something simple.

You have to be reading the actual email you want to move, not just in the email. Sorry for any confusion.

It could be different too because it's a Fascinate.

OP
M

Maye7157

Reaction score

You have to be reading the actual email you want to move, not just in the email. Sorry for any confusion.

It could be different too because it's a Fascinate.
I got ahold of a droid x - when viewing the email and holding down over the sender you get a menu the droid x's menu displays (Open, Delete, Forward....etc, Move) The fascinate's does not contain "move". I guess this question needs to be answered by someone who has a rooted fascinate. Can you move emails into folders? I cannot on 2.1

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got ahold of a droid x - when viewing the email and holding down over the sender you get a menu the droid x's menu displays (Open, Delete, Forward....etc, Move) The fascinate's does not contain "move". I guess this question needs to be answered by someone who has a rooted fascinate. Can you move emails into folders? I cannot on 2.1

Ahhhh...you know what? You're looking at the email app, not gmail. Do you use gmail at all?

OP
M

Maye7157

Reaction score

Ahhhh...you know what? You're looking at the email app, not gmail. Do you use gmail at all?
Great work. The standard gmail that came with the phone does exactly as you described. I have coworkers that have the eris and the x. The eris won't let you click and move, the x will. Who knew? Other than that the operating system is almost identical to the x. Thanks again, I can now re label my email! Our check stubs are emailed and I just wanted to put in its respective folder. Thanks for your help.

wtherrell

Reaction score

In my K-9 Mail app on Fascinate there are 9 actions listed at the bottom of each email. Reply, Reply All, Forward, Archive, Move, Spam, Trash, next email arrow, previous email arrow. However:: Archive, Move, and Spam will not be active until FroYo. Can't come soon enough for me.
In GMail on the phone I get only: Reply, Reply to All, Forward, Archive, Delete, and Older.
Also Gmail menu brings up the Change Labels.