Mouse and Keyboard

Vakharn

Reaction score
I'm contemplating trying to use my Nexus as a mobile gaming platform using HDMI over MHL with a mouse and keyboard and the OnLive service. I could use OnLive's bluetooth gamepad but I'm a PC gamer and prefer mouse and keyboard. Has anyone tried this? If so, can you recomend a good bluetooth mouse and keyboard? Is it possible to use a usb mouse and keyboard (wired or wireless) when using HDMI over MHL? If not, can it be done by using one of the desktop docks? Does anyone know if full screen gaming is possible on OnLive or have they not yet updated the software to hide the onscreen buttons?

Lots of questions, but any help would be appreciated.

OP
V

Vakharn

Reaction score
Well I've managed to find answers to some of my questions myself, so for those who are interested I'll post it here.

You cannot use the galaxy nexus as a usb host while also using MHL. This means the only option for an input device to use while hooked up to a monitor or TV is bluetooth. I have not yet tested if a bluetooth mouse and keyboard can be used at the same time. Regardless of whether they can though it would be of no use for OnLive as it does not support keyboard and mouse for use on android. It does support a gamepad but I do not have a bluetooth gamepad to test it with. Also OnLive will not go fullscreen on the galaxy nexus (hide the buttons) and does not offer 720p streaming, it looks significantly lower res. In addition it's choppy, even over a fios connected wifi connection. All in all, probably not worth using.

poooookah78

Reaction score
Well I've managed to find answers to some of my questions myself, so for those who are interested I'll post it here.

You cannot use the galaxy nexus as a usb host while also using MHL. This means the only option for an input device to use while hooked up to a monitor or TV is bluetooth. I have not yet tested if a bluetooth mouse and keyboard can be used at the same time. Regardless of whether they can though it would be of no use for OnLive as it does not support keyboard and mouse for use on android. It does support a gamepad but I do not have a bluetooth gamepad to test it with. Also OnLive will not go fullscreen on the galaxy nexus (hide the buttons) and does not offer 720p streaming, it looks significantly lower res. In addition it's choppy, even over a fios connected wifi connection. All in all, probably not worth using.

FYI - I bought a bluetooth keyboard and mouse which should be here early next week. I found this video on youtube which made me go crazy:

[video=youtube;bStwCQZXN84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStwCQZXN84&list=FL5Tuy3b5fP0ZEiXLulDoJ7Q&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/video]

I bought a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo off amazon for like 38 bucks shipped. I'll let you know how it works out when I get it.

khaytsus

Reaction score
FYI - I bought a bluetooth keyboard and mouse which should be here early next week. I found this video on youtube which made me go crazy:

I bought a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo off amazon for like 38 bucks shipped. I'll let you know how it works out when I get it.

Hey, could you provide the specific item you purchased on Amazon? I'm wanting to get a bluetooth keyboard+trackpad combo for my phone, but I'm reading a lot of conflicting info that some work/some don't.. Usually the trackpad portion doesn't work. If yours worked, let me know. Thanks :)