Moto's new QWERTY phone, the Photon Q , Similar to D4 but with Unlockable Bootloader

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
So Moto is releasing another QWERTY phone, the Photon Q Motorola PHOTON Q specs

It's meant for Sprint, but aside from that it's pretty much the same as the D4 but has ICS, a slightly faster processor, 4.3 inch screen, and will have an unlockable bootloader Motorola PHOTON

Only drawback of the Photon is that the SIM card is nonremoveable but I've never had the need to remove it.

Comparison between Photon Q and the D4 http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-PHOTON-Q-4G,Motorola-DROID-4/phones/7253,6431

The specs are not a big leap above the D4, but the unlockable bootloader makes me jealous. What do you guys think about it?

Last edited:

silverfang77

Reaction score
I read it has a non-removable SIM card, so don't jump up and down just yet.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Germanguy

Reaction score
Nice phone. Too bad that Sprint sucks. Also, SIM card not being removable is a big no-go.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Why would they do that, that's just dumb

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

cthunder

Reaction score
So Moto is releasing another QWERTY phone, the Photon Q Motorola PHOTON Q specs

It's meant for Sprint, but aside from that it's pretty much the same as the D4 but has ICS, a slightly faster processor, 4.3 inch screen, and will have an unlockable bootloader Motorola PHOTON

Only drawback of the Photon is that the SIM card is nonremoveable but I've never had the need to remove it.

Comparison between Photon Q and the D4 Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE vs Motorola DROID 4 - Phone specs comparison

The specs are not a big leap above the D4, but the unlockable bootloader makes me jealous. What do you guys think about it?

I am quite happy with the Droid 4. The slighter faster processor or the 4.3 inch screen doesn't really bother me. Now I wouldn't mind a unlocked bootloader.