Motorola's Milestone3 a.k.a. the Droid3 Officially Announced in China

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid3_milestone3.jpg

It looks like the heavily anticipated Droid 3 is heading to China first as the Milestone 3. Earlier we shared some previewed info on the new Droid 3/Milestone 3, and now it has been officially announced by Motorola and will hit China's markets first. Industry rumors suggest that we may see it here in the states on July 7th, which is, excitingly, only a few weeks away! Just as a reminder, here again are the specs on this amazing beast:
  • Dual-core processor (still not sure which, but we’re thinking OMAP)
  • 4″ qHD screen
  • Android 2.3
  • 5-row slideout keyboard
  • 16GB internal storage
  • Global capabilities
  • 8MP camera (1080p video)
  • Front camera for video chatting
Hit the Motorola source link for the official press release.

Source: Droid-Life and Motorola

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Can't wait to see the specs for the U.S. version, especially the storage space for apps + data.

Jasko

Reaction score
Still holding my breath on the bootloader. Hoping someone will be able to unlock it lol.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
What about 4G capability. I am due for an upgrade and have been waiting for dancedroidthe Droid3 . . .
It apparently doesn't have a 4G radio, and it may only come with 512MB of RAM. I was a bit let down by the specs, but I'll wait for some hands-on reviews of the US version before I judge.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Doupt if it will have 4g since its a Global phone. Maybe Moto's answer to the DInc2?
2.3 is nice, Hoping for the Tegra though

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The pics on Droid Life have Nvidia on the screen. Good chance it might have a Tegra 2.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't have the Tegra, I think the other processor would be better. Don't care about 4g so if this doesn't have the tegra then this will be my next phone. Kinda hope it isn't global either as global phones seem to drain battery

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I hope it doesn't have the Tegra, I think the other processor would be better. Don't care about 4g so if this doesn't have the tegra then this will be my next phone. Kinda hope it isn't global either as global phones seem to drain battery

It's supposed to be a global device. And global phones don't drain battery any differently in the US than non-global phones if your turn the radio to CDMA only. Then it's as if the GSM radio isn't even there.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah....well the 2 d2g's that I had drained extended batteries in less than a day just sitting in my pocket.....that is not good imo

tonydelite

Reaction score
according to xda.cn, it has the OMAP4430.

新起点新里程碑 首å°MOTO 里程碑3详细评测-|XDA智能手机网 |智能手机︱评测︱软件︱游æˆï¸±ä¸‹è½½ï¸±æŽ¨è︱智能手机导购︱HTC

Milestone 3 is used in TI OMAP4430 dual-core processor, ARM's Cortex-A9 architecture, 45nm production process, is the industry's first solution using TI's dual-core mobile phone.With 512 RAM, 16G's ROM and SGX540 the GPU

Phreaker47

Reaction score
This thing may not be so "awful" after all.

I need to upgrade my 0G Droid soon. Tired of Gingerbread limping along on it with such limited RAM (although Chevy did such a good job making it work AT ALL with his SS ROMS). But now I'm using it for work email and IMs with my new job, and I just can't wait for my NE2 since it isn't till December.

So maybe this, or maybe the Galaxy 2... we'll see eh?

It certainly doesn't seem like TODAY is the day to buy. I'll hold out a little longer.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ah....well the 2 d2g's that I had drained extended batteries in less than a day just sitting in my pocket.....that is not good imo

Yeah, the Droid 2 Global gets poor battery life all around for most people. It has more to do with the overclocked 1.2 ghz processor. Even if the phone is global mode, that doesn't reduce the battery life a major amount. Turning the GSM radio completely off does help though.

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
From the pics it looks like they changed the external speaker on the D3. Not that it really matters to me, but one of the things I've always been impressed with on my D1 was the great sound quality on the external speaker. I really hope this new one sounds just as great.