Motorola Xoom Running Ice Cream Sandwich

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;uwap6qTfauM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwap6qTfauM&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

Motorola just announced last week that their (now venerable in tech-time) Xoom tablet will be one of their first few devices to receive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich. In fact, Google released a video showing exactly that. In the video above, you can see Google's new ICS, carousel view, image search features for tablets running on the Xoom.

Interestingly, the Xoom is one of the few Moto devices that eschew any version of a MotoBLUR UI add-on, in favor of a pure Android experience. According to the source of this story, the Xoom with ICS will be no exception, as Motorola plans to keep it that way. Furthermore, because of this, it is likely that the Xoom will be one of the first few devices on the market to get Android 4.0.

Source: XoomForums via AndroidandMe

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry for the off-topic, English-teacher-type comment, but 5 BONUS POINTS for using the word ESCHEW!!! :biggrin: It's always nice to see the writing on droidforums get a lift!

-Matt

drksuh

Reaction score
I agree with the use of the word eschew. I recall fondly the sign on my High School English teacher's desk which stated,
ESCHEW OBFUSCATION !

Carry on.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny how some folks say Verizon doesnt allow open devices....like the Xoom... and soon to be released Galaxy Nexus...lol

And how many ppl forgot about the Xoom being basically a Nexus tablet. It just wasnt named Nexus.

Riley

Reaction score
Sweet, I look forward to it on my Xoom!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jwgamble88

Reaction score
Aside from the gps and camera's not working ics runs pretty good on my iconia a500.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I better not get ICS on my Xoom before I get my Nexus:angry:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I better not get ICS on my Xoom before I get my Nexus:angry:

lol...but see.....that's the whole point of a pure Google device...its supposed to get updated the fastest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the off-topic, English-teacher-type comment, but 5 BONUS POINTS for using the word ESCHEW!!! :biggrin: It's always nice to see the writing on droidforums get a lift!

-Matt

LOL. Thanks for the compliment and the extra credit! ;)