Motorola Xoom Goes For Coffee With The FCC

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Before any device comes to our shelves it has to go through our favorite technology security sector, the FCC. America’s agency just had some one on one time with Motorola’s Android tablet solution for Verizon Wireless. They took out the tablet for coffee at Caribou and then to the movies to watch The Green Hornet, okay not really, they did a few checks and it seems to be a perfect fit for our network. This means we are a step closer to getting this new tablet, as long as the FCC doesn’t find fault with it.

Doesn’t this sound like a good way to start a week? News of your soon to be purchased tablet coming closer to your hands! Anyone excited?

xoomfcc2.jpg

Source (Mysterious Motorola Device Passes the FCC, is it the XOOM? | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sports1131

Reaction score
How much time is there usually between FCC approval and product launch?

Also, is it likely we'll be able to purchase this at the full retail price from Verizon and use it as wifi-only?

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
I mean, are those kick stands? And wouldn't that huge sticker cover the "M" logo? 41.9cm X 25.9cm...the size doesn't make sense.

Motorola-Xoom-Back-.png

And where are the rounded sides?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
im gonna say its a phone going through FCC if anything.

joker402

Reaction score
those are slider rails on the inside, but the T-series are for bluetooth speakers.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I mean, are those kick stands? And wouldn't that huge sticker cover the "M" logo? 41.9cm X 25.9cm...the size doesn't make sense.

Motorola-Xoom-Back-.png

And where are the rounded sides?

Thats like 16" x 10"...makes since to me..

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Those label dimensions are in mm. At least, that is the standard and I doubt they would change that.
If the size of the label is relative in that drawing to the size of the device, it is about 100 mm, or 3.93 in, long, and around 71.5 mm, or 2.81 in, wide. Thus most likely a rather small phone, probably a slider.

In any case, whatever it is, that is most definitely NOT the Xoom.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Those label dimensions are in mm. At least, that is the standard and I doubt they would change that.
If the size of the label is relative in that drawing to the size of the device, it is about 100 mm, or 3.93 in, long, and around 71.5 mm, or 2.81 in, wide. Thus most likely a rather small phone, probably a slider.

Maybe its the bionic :-o

aRsTwiX

Reaction score

Maybe its the bionic :-o

Too small. Bionic is more than 3.93 in. long. Like DaWolf said, probably a slider.