Motorola, Please tell me this is a bad joke!!!

dylanesque

Reaction score
Motorola needs to restore the fix

It seems clear that for whatever reason, the ICS update did not include the original fix for the whine. Motorola, are you reading this? You need to issue another update which includes the fix. Somebody's got that fix...just push it down to our phones and give us a reason to stay with your company.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I can definitely agree that the nose is back. It almost sounds like processor whine.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I had a weird issue with my headphones. I have a music live wallpaper, the wallpaper interacts with the music. I can have 'Simple Bars' where it shows me how strong a certain area of sound is (like Bass, Mid Section, and Higher Parts). When I use PowerAMP and leave the music running but silence the media volume, I would hear a high pitch sound like a mosquito app, it would also show up on the live wallpaper. The weird thing is now I can't replicate it, it went on for 2 weeks then stopped all of a sudden.

-Edit-
I know what the 2-3 second sound is, that's not what was going on. This was a legitimate sound, ongoing for several minutes.

fuzzyb3

Reaction score
I called up Verizon and they insisted on replacing my one year old refurbished Bionic (got it not too long after the phone was released) with a newer refurbished Bionic. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have the noise problem before with the very first ota update, though i do know someone who had the problem and it WAS fixed after an update.
Of course this 'replacement' has the same whine because it is a ICS software problem duh!

****So my question is this, do I keep the newer phone that has a MUCH NEWER SERIAL NUMBER because I am almost out of warranty? Either way I'll have to wait for the next update to fix the headphone noise. *** :)

Thanks for your input