Motorola Plans to ship Up to 800,000 Xoom Tablets in Q1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-xoom_1.jpg

Google and Motorola intend to blitz the competition with their newly introduced Android Honecomb Xoom tablet. They expect to ship between 700,000 and 800,000 tablets in the first quarter alone. They even suspect they may have orders up to the 1 Million mark during Q1. That's some pretty high estimates, but considering how impressive the newly crowned, "Best Gadget and Tablet" of CES is, I don't think they are being overly confident. Those estimates seem right on target. How many of you guys are planning on getting the Motorola Xoom?

Source: Digitimes

ahare34

Reaction score
Xoom

Shoot Give me 2 LOL. Im all over it when it hits stores!!!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Does this device have gorilla glass? Kinda random but important.

Indeed, very important. My phone may sport a screen protector, but I don't want my tablet too.

Also, was the price given? will it require a data plan? Is there a wifi only device? I have an iPad right now and not too terrible happy with it. Thankfully, my work bought it and not me. I find myself playing one game on it which is available for the AndroidOS and some very basic web surfing. Stupid Apple and no flash. Grrr. If the price is right, I may get one.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Also, it can't be locked down in terms of an encrypted bootloader. That alone will stop me from buyone one.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
@dgstorm I will purchase one for my wife, but when does it come out? Her birthday is right around the corner like as in Feb 22 and if I'm going to do it I would like it by her birthday, but we will see.

zgruven

Reaction score
I will buy one for sure. Hopefully I can get one by my bday 2/23..Would make for a great gift for my 40th.....

PressureDrop

Reaction score
pricing, WiFi only options, etc are all in play - but I want to get one for my wife :)

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Also, was the price given? will it require a data plan? Is there a wifi only device?

I read on another site yesterday that they do plan a Wi-Fi only tablet for those that don't want to pay for another data plan. I'll try to find the link.