Motorola Moto G6 Text apps problem

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
I use a generic text app I get off google play. Assign a tone to it (Beatles Mr. Postman). App would work great, until it does not do the ringtone anymore, although I still get text fine. After trying several things with no luck, I downloaded another text app from Google play and had my sound back again, until it doesn't play anymore. Strange thing, is I can go back to the first app and it works again.............until it just stopped playing again. So the question is pretty simple, why do I lose the notification sound on different apps, after they work for a while?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good question, people have been asking that on the Moto Forum for a few years, with no good answers. I gave up with my Z2 and Z4 and just stuck to a sound that came with the phone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I use a generic text app I get off google play. Assign a tone to it (Beatles Mr. Postman). App would work great, until it does not do the ringtone anymore, although I still get text fine. After trying several things with no luck, I downloaded another text app from Google play and had my sound back again, until it doesn't play anymore. Strange thing, is I can go back to the first app and it works again.............until it just stopped playing again. So the question is pretty simple, why do I lose the notification sound on different apps, after they work for a while?

Welcome to the forum. What phone are you using the Moto G6 or the Samsung Galaxy Acclaim you posted about in August?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried asking on the Motorola support forum? I don't want to start people away from here, but we don't have many active members with Moto G phones here these days. I know this issue was discussed a lot on the Moto Z threads, but with no real help from what I can remember. I do remember the Moto support agents saying it was a "stock Android" issue. And I believed that until I switched to a Pixel. The same ringtone that would not work on my Moto Z2 and Moto Z4 works fine on my Pixel 4XL. Most Moto owners posted that they just gave up and used built-in ringtone sounds. Hope that helps a little.

OP
R

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Have you tried asking on the Motorola support forum? I don't want to start people away from here, but we don't have many active members with Moto G phones here these days. I know this issue was discussed a lot on the Moto Z threads, but with no real help from what I can remember. I do remember the Moto support agents saying it was a "stock Android" issue. And I believed that until I switched to a Pixel. The same ringtone that would not work on my Moto Z2 and Moto Z4 works fine on my Pixel 4XL. Most Moto owners posted that they just gave up and used built-in ringtone sounds. Hope that helps a little.

I was having problems with internet for a good while and could not log into that site. I can now do so and have posted there too.