Motorola Milestone Overclocking and rooting

Eggos

Reaction score
You don't need SetCPU, and after a couple weeks of experimenting, I'd say you don't WANT SetCPU.

The Milestone/Droid will still clock up and down

What values did you use in khz to get 850 mhz? i type 850000 but nothing happens =/
It's 850000 when setting up custom in your settings. Put it in, tap ok, drag the bar all the way to the right then hit appy.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

soulreaperak

Reaction score
make me understand

I brought a mile stone 2 weeks before dnt know nethn bout it. Am symbian user. Milestone is the first android phone to launch in india. Help me how to enjoy the features of android phone.

chad_petree

Reaction score
L
You don't need SetCPU, and after a couple weeks of experimenting, I'd say you don't WANT SetCPU.

The Milestone/Droid will still clock up and down

What values did you use in khz to get 850 mhz? i type 850000 but nothing happens =/
It's 850000 when setting up custom in your settings. Put it in, tap ok, drag the bar all the way to the right then hit appy.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Drag the bar all the way to the right? Didnt know that was the way to "activate" the custom settinngs, not very intuitive :/ , by the way the only values you changed were custom rate and custom vesel? What about freq table address and mpu opps address?

Last edited:

Eggos

Reaction score
Drag the bar all the way to the right? Didnt know that was the way to "activate" the custom settinngs, not very intuitive :/ , by the way the only values you changed were custom rate and custom vesel? What about freq table address and mpu opps address?

The big yellow bar in the midfle of the app is what settings you're applying, custom us furthest to the right past the 1.2 preset.
Hiting apply under that bar actually loads the module, thus making it overclock.
Leave those two values as auto.

Sent from my Milestone

chad_petree

Reaction score

The big yellow bar in the midfle of the app is what settings you're applying, custom us furthest to the right past the 1.2 preset.
Hiting apply under that bar actually loads the module, thus making it overclock.
Leave those two values as auto.

Sent from my Milestone
so u just adjusted the khz and the vesel? sounds too good to be true, too easy xD

Kam5lc

Reaction score
I am once again trying to get my phone updated, but first i have a seemingly stupid question. Froyo seems to be out for droid users, but is it not available for milestone users with root?

Eggos

Reaction score
I am once again trying to get my phone updated, but first i have a seemingly stupid question. Froyo seems to be out for droid users, but is it not available for milestone users with root?

Froyo isn't available for Milestone users at this time. Because the bootloader is still locked, it will only load signed ROMs. This means only ones that carriers or manufacturers release directly. Unfortunately, that means we have to wait until a carrier gives us Froyo. Because the droid has an unlocked bootloader, they can do what they'd like.

The difference in root and an unlocked bootloader can be compared to a house. With root, you can paint it any color you'd like but it's still a house. With an unlocked bootloader, you can tear it down and build whatever you'd like in it's place.

Kam5lc

Reaction score
Man that is just the worst thing ever :(... I heard that there were developments to try and unlock the bootloader for milestone, but i guess that will take a little longer. Really annoyed that we dont have froyo now, was looking for show off my flash to my friend who just got the iphone4 :p