Motorola i1 will not turn on

snowman53

Reaction score
I was asked to fix an out of warranty Motorola i1 that will not turn on. When I plug in the charger, the notification light comes on, but that is it. No Screen, no sounds, nothing!

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks

xaelith

Reaction score
I1? Is this a pre-smartphone device, or do you mean the original droid (sometimes called a D1)? Anyway, my guess would be that the battery is probably bad. I have several phones floating around, and none of them will turn on because it's been several years since they were last plugged in

OP
S

snowman53

Reaction score
I1? Is this a pre-smartphone device, or do you mean the original droid (sometimes called a D1)? Anyway, my guess would be that the battery is probably bad. I have several phones floating around, and none of them will turn on because it's been several years since they were last plugged in

The i1 is a Nextel/Boost version of the Droid with direct radio push to talk added.

I have swapped the battery for a fully charged one taken from my i1. Da Nada.

The only "life" I can see is the notification light that comes on when I plug in the charger.

xaelith

Reaction score
Sorry for such a late reply. I'd say it might be something to do with the charger, except you said you have a fresh, fully-charged battery and it still won't turn on, so i'm at a loss, i'm afraid. Maybe one of the pins leading to the battery is loose or bent? If they all look the same length and make contact with the pads on the battery, try grqabing each one with a pair of tweezers and gently wiggling them one by one. They should be solid and stiff. Any looseness at all could mean the pin is bad on the inside of the phone.

The only other thing i can think of is to try pulling out the battery and plugging the phone in without the battery. if the phone itself is ok, it should boot up at least to the "M" logo, and complain about a battery problem.