Motorola Extended battery or not???

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I have a huge discount at Verizon and was wondering if I should buy the extended battery there, or buy another brand one for my phone?

Does the Motorola extended battery really make a difference?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have heard it definitely increases time between charges by a few hours... I've thought about getting it

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I have heard it definitely increases time between charges by a few hours... I've thought about getting it

sent from my ZombieStomped X

I am probably gonna get it. I would like to get some input from someone who uses it.

rexster314

Reaction score
I bought this battery the same time I upgraded to my X. At first it lasted about as long as the stock battery, but after a week or so it's good for 11-12 hours with moderate use of the browser or other app. It's certainly better than having a small brick on the back of the phone like the larger batteries

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I bought this battery the same time I upgraded to my X. At first it lasted about as long as the stock battery, but after a week or so it's good for 11-12 hours with moderate use of the browser or other app. It's certainly better than having a small brick on the back of the phone like the larger batteries

Thank you for the feedback. Ill probably pick it up from Verizon later this week.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
what is great about verizon is that they give next day delivery for free when i ordered my extended battery

jonathon1289

Reaction score
It picked up the extended battery a week ago from Verizon. It cost me $27 after discount. It has made a nice difference, I was on vacation this week and getting roughly 48 hours out of the battery between charges. On the stock default battery I was getting 24 hours or less.

With my typical daily use, I gained about an extra 3 hours of use time (display on). The battery, even at full price, is well worth the price in my opinion.

Makikun

Reaction score
I have the extended battery but I got it on ebay. Not one of the knockoffs. It came with an awesome "shell" that fits perfectly with the extended battery. I definitely notice an improved battery life. Well worth it!

kevinkar

Reaction score
Yes, get it. That's a good price and the extended run time is great. You shouldn't be disappointed.

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Yes, get it. That's a good price and the extended run time is great. You shouldn't be disappointed.

I got it! Works great definitely a big difference between stock battery and extended. Even fits in my slim otter box case.

m42duster

Reaction score
I have the extended battery but I got it on ebay. Not one of the knockoffs. It came with an awesome "shell" that fits perfectly with the extended battery. I definitely notice an improved battery life. Well worth it!

hello,

You got a link to that battery?

Beckeramos

Reaction score
overpriced even with my 25% off discount, but still quite better than stock battery

Makikun

Reaction score

hello,

You got a link to that battery?

They do not have the battery and hard shell as a set anymore but here is the link to the battery & cover: Yoobao Motorola Droid X Extended Battery Door 2600 mah | eBay

Here is the link to the custom case for the extended battery: Custom Case for Motorola Droid X extended battery/door | eBay

boltonblue

Reaction score
Makes a nice difference with golf GPS which keeps the display on for the whole round ~4-5 hours.
I couldn't get through a whole round without the phone dying, but with the extended battery, now I can.