Motorola Droid X Case Reviews!

Rubi22

Reaction score

Warner

Reaction score
I guess I'm old school. I just want a full leather case that attaches to my belt (or can be put into a pocket if need be). It doesn't seem like there's really much out there yet. Is the OEM Motorola one going to be the way to go? Are we thinking that the EVO 4G cases will work just fine for the X? They are almost identical in size (the X is 2/10 of an inch longer).

Let me know and thanks guys,

Warner

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The leather pouches don't work for me because every time I've dropped my phone, it was in my hands. If I have it in my hand, it won't be in a pouch. I need a case that is on the phone at all times.

Warner

Reaction score
The leather pouches don't work for me because every time I've dropped my phone, it was in my hands. If I have it in my hand, it won't be in a pouch. I need a case that is on the phone at all times.

This brings up an interesting question that I've thought about but never asked. Do the snap on or sleeve type cases REALLY protect the device if you were to drop it?

Warner

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I had cases on my Dare and Storm and when I got rid of them they looked brand new and had no issues. I didn't get a case for my Droid. It had dents and scratches all over it. Even in the PLASTIC chin there was a dent...

Warner

Reaction score
Yes. I had cases on my Dare and Storm and when I got rid of them they looked brand new and had no issues. I didn't get a case for my Droid. It had dents and scratches all over it. Even in the PLASTIC chin there was a dent...

So maybe it makes sense to get a sleeve of some sort and a leather case that will take the Droid X WITH the sleeve on it?

Warner

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not for me. Like I said, a sleeve or pouch doesn't help because I don't drop it while its in my pocket. I drop it while its in my hand. If I have it in my hand and I'm using it, it will NOT have a sleeve or pouch on it. How would I use it if it did.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't we just call these Droid Xessories

Warner

Reaction score
Not for me. Like I said, a sleeve or pouch doesn't help because I don't drop it while its in my pocket. I drop it while its in my hand. If I have it in my hand and I'm using it, it will NOT have a sleeve or pouch on it. How would I use it if it did.

Maybe I misused the word "Sleeve". What do you use? A hard plastic case? How about THAT inside of a belt pouch? I'm definitely getting the leather case for my belt....but wondering if I can complement that with some type of protection once I'm holding it in my hand....

Warner

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ohhh then yeah that would work perfectly. Since I use my pocket, the hard case or maybe a silicon case even should be fine for me, but if you're the belt pouch kinda guy them that with a case sounds good as long as it still fits inside.

chops

Reaction score
i ordered the gel case from verizon i will wait for seidio to comeout with innocase or l will get the active case for it seems nice and durable

ricepuddin

Reaction score
I got the kickstand case, its nice looking and feels pretty sturdy. But the kickstand is a ***** to get out :icon_eek:

ninjabox

Reaction score
I got the highgloss silicone case from verizon. I love it. I was gonna get the gel one and the lady helping me said that I will probally have trouble getting it in out of my pocket. Well im glade I went with the high gloss. Other than the little bit of thickness, it blends in so nice and it feels like nothing is on it. It was $19.99. But its worth it to not have a dinged up phone.dancedroid

Cathbad

Reaction score
When I picked up the Droid X the person in the store (a Verizon franchise) told me that using any case with a magnet would destroy the screen. But he didn't have a Velcro case that fit it. I jury rigged an old case for the moment. What is your opinions?