Motorola Droid Ultra Front & Back Pics Leak (and a few specs)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-Ultra-front-back-leak.png

Just yesterday morning we shared a leaked pic of the Motorola Droid Ultra, but late last night a couple more hit the interwebs. This time we have full frontal and rear "glamour shot" for the next-generation Motorola device. We even have a few supposed specs of the device. Here's the latest intel,
  • Droid Ultra (XT1080)
  • Super slim frame
  • Trademark carbon fiber looking backplate
  • Verizon branding only on the back of the device
  • 10MP RBGC sensor ("the extra “C” is said to help the Ultra handle white balance and exposure more efficiently, for more dynamic and quicker shots.")
The latest rumors suggest this device would be revealed on July 11th, but Motorola themselves have come forward denying it. Stay tune for more details!

Source: Phandroid

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Pretty slick looking. I love how the phone is just screen and carbon fiber. It looks like the headphone jack is on the top which is ok, but I would prefer the usb / hdmi port on the bottom. I'm not a fan of them being on top. I put my phone in my pocket screen inward with the bottom of the phone down and have noticed that I have more lint problems filling up the headphone jack on the top of my bionic than on the bottom of my GNex oddly enough. I hope the final specs for the phone turn out to be awesome and that is supported by the developers, because I would like to get back on Motorola radios.

If those are hardware buttons on the bottom it is a no go for me. The only hardware buttons that should remain are the power and volume buttons, which should also be programmable if you choose to use them for something else i.e., a volume key for the camera. Software is too customizable to lock a phone down with hardware keys. One of the benefits of using an android phone is the level of customization that is allowed. With on screen buttons I can hide them, get rid of them (use pie controls or others), or change the number of them.

I went from a Palm Pre+ to a Bionic to a GNex so I have had a wide variety of experiences with different hardware options. I didn't think I would like the on screen buttons, but after actually using them I could care less if they are offered on a phone again. I would love to see a mod that could replicate the Palm Pre+'s gestures on an android phone.

When are we going to see a front facing flash and / or more phones with front facing speakers?

dumbass

Reaction score
looks to much like the Bionic with that carbon fiber chin on it.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I do wish it was shaped more like the GNex or Nexus 4. Much more comfortable in the hand and when on the phone. My bionic wasn't very comfortable when talking on the phone, too many harsh edges.