Motorola Droid RAZR launching early November for $299.99

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-razr.png

The next generation 4G LTE Motorola Droid RAZR has officially been announced, and will be available in early November with a pricetag of $299! Pre-orders will begin October 27th! Here's the full press release below..

VERIZON WIRELESS AND MOTOROLA ANNOUNCE DROID RAZR™ BY MOTOROLA: DROID STRONG. RAZR SHARP.

Impossibly Thin with Unstoppable Power on America’s Fastest and Most Reliable 4G Network

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Today, Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) and Verizon Wireless announced DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, the world’s thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. A true marvel of design, this smartphone packs strength and smarts into a stylish package offered exclusively from Verizon Wireless.

Measuring 7.1 mm thin, made with KEVLAR® fiber for strength and Corning® Gorilla® Glass for scratch resistance, the DROID RAZR is ready to face the elements. Speed limits are just an illusion with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. DROID RAZR customers can expect to rip through the Web with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.

“DROID RAZR by Motorola combines style, performance and the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network into one innovative device,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “These are two iconic brands that separately symbolize the best technology available today. The combination will provide an unsurpassed wireless experience for customers.”

“DROID RAZR by Motorola is a testament to the innovation and design possibilities that stem from a strong partnership between Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless,” said Sanjay Jha, Chairman and CEO, Motorola Mobility. “We set out to design the best smartphone on the planet and delivered DROID RAZR which is thinner, smarter, stronger than any device on the market.”

Not only does DROID RAZR by Motorola deliver heart-pounding speed, but it has a mind-bending 4.3-inch hyper-vibrant display with more colors than most LCD HDTVs. The Super AMOLED™ Advanced display with qHD resolution dishes out beautiful images and smooth action so on-the-go movies and TV shows aren’t a blur, whether customers stream from Netflix™ or rent from Android Market™. It’s the first smartphone capable of streaming movies and TV shows through Netflix with up to HD resolution.

DROID RAZR customers can take advantage of the Super AMOLED Advanced display and 4G LTE speeds to stream videos with NFL Mobile, only from Verizon. Fans can stay up to date on news, schedules and scores from their favorite teams on the go. NFL Mobile is included at no additional charge for 4G LTE customers for the remainder of the 2011 season.

If cutting-edge visuals are its beauty, apps on DROID RAZR are its brains. Enter MotoCast™, the free Motorola app that lets you stream or download your music, pictures and more from your PC to your phone. The Smart Actions app helps automate everyday tasks and optimizes battery efficiency by letting customers create rules, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate during work hours or dimming the display at a specific battery level. The revolutionary webtop application allows customers to combine the device with separately sold accessories, like the Lapdock™ 100 or HD Station, unleashing the power to edit documents and browse the Web with a full Firefox® browser on a larger screen – all while charging the device.

Additional features:
· Powered by Android™ 2.3.5, Gingerbread
· 1 GB RAM for a fast user interface and multi-tasking
· 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
· Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
· 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable so customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
· Water repellent nanocoating protects the phone, and even the inside components, against everyday spills
· Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts as well as voice and video chat conferencing
· Use Quickoffice® to view, create and edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on your mobile device from anywhere at anytime
· Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
· 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
· Powerful 1780 mAh battery

The DROID RAZR will be available in early November for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement at all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at: www.verizonwireless.com; as well as at authorized retailers. Customers can visit DROID DOES to pre-order DROID RAZR beginning on October 27. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE:MMI) fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.

MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. Android Market is a trademark of Google, Inc. KEVLAR(R) is a registered trademark of DuPont used under license by Motorola Mobility, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved.

Be sure to check out the Droid RAZR Forum here: Droid RAZR

warped1987

Reaction score
I waaaaaaannttt!!!! lol. That Moto Active watch thing is definitely amazing. Will be great for kids to get away with stuff in school, lol.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Now I can get behind that.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
No NFC.

Yep, after having just watched the live event, I can now say that Verizon and/or Motorola really pulled one over on us. Releasing what is in essence a reworked and improved Bionic 6 weeks later. Might be time to end my Motorola loyalty.

poooookah78

Reaction score
No NFC.

Yep, after having just watched the live event, I can now say that Verizon and/or Motorola really pulled one over on us. Releasing what is in essence a reworked and improved Bionic 6 weeks later. Might be time to end my Motorola loyalty.

Agreed my friend, nothing really THAT impressive considering the already beast GS2 and the unveiling of the Prime tonight. No NFC, and you could just look at that thing and see feel the bloatware all over it... No unlocked bootloader mentioned either...

jcardona1

Reaction score
No unlocked bootloader mentioned either...

Even if it did have an unlocked bootloader, I highly doubt it would have been mentioned at this release. That's not something the general public cares about. Heck, most probably don't even know what it means.

Ninjak

Reaction score
Impressive device. I truly hope that it doesn't suffer the same audio whine that the Bionic did. But, on the bright side, returning that paves the way for me getting this, the Nexus, or the Vigor/Rezound around the 10th. Decisions, decisions...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Nice hardware, but Blur™ on a phone that won't see an OS upgrade for at least 7 months (sure, it's my guess but we all know better). Besides that, no NFC, which is kind of a "thing" since ICS is supposedly has NFC-centric events hard baked into it's software. This is not a future friendly phone.

Nothing to see here... Move along. Move along.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
No NFC.

I agree as well. Hyping Bionic then making us wait 6 months, then releasing it with the issues it has. And if that's not enough, releasing this phone 2 months later. Really irritates me. They should let all those who bought the Bionic exchange it for that. ( I Know it won't happen, just saying.)

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Who waits for official updates anyway? o_O I was running gingerbread before people knew what gingerbread was! ;) The devs will probably have ics up on this soon! :)

Edit: in no way does that mean i'm actually getting it... Just to clarify... ;)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I think far too many people are on this "it must have everything" bandwagon. NFC is unlikely to be a deal-breaker for most people as those who know what it is are the same people who already understand how to sync devices together anyway and those who don't won't know it's a feature unless it's explained to them. I know I'm painting with a broad brush, but seriously, just enjoy what is a great release. This and motoActV are actually pretty cool roll-outs. Throw on some clothes, your cynic is showing...

You forget that NFC is required for Google Wallet, as well.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Throw on some clothes, your cynic is showing...

Sorry, my robe does that sometimes!

Say what you will about NFC. It's not just for syncing. Google has a big rollout coming for Google Wallet, and the first few times people see someone wave their phone at the local mall or at the stadium to pay for something I guarantee they'll ask "what's that!?". And, when they see their phone doesn't do it they'll feel the sting of remorse.