Motorola Droid BIGGER Virtual KEYBOARD BUTTONS

gIMpSTa

Reaction score
I really like the HTC keyboard. There is a modified version that has LOTS of options to make it suit your needs. The best way to get it is, go to:

http://gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

much easier way to get it if you're happy with the stock colors: [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers
No sign up needed, just click the download links

Right, sign up is only required to skin (theme) this keyboard. You can create some pretty cool looking designs with it.

More info here [Skins] HTC_IME High/Low Res v27 custom skin generator online! Updated June 8th! - xda-developers

eliassami5

Reaction score
I really like the HTC keyboard. There is a modified version that has LOTS of options to make it suit your needs. The best way to get it is, go to:

http://gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

much easier way to get it if you're happy with the stock colors: [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers
No sign up needed, just click the download links

Right, sign up is only required to skin (theme) this keyboard. You can create some pretty cool looking designs with it.

More info here [Skins] HTC_IME High/Low Res v27 custom skin generator online! Updated June 8th! - xda-developers

lol i like how you are so coy Gimpsta. I would be like..yup thats my site right there haha.

But yea it takes like 10 seconds to make an account, then you can create just about ANY keyboard you want. Its my favorite customization ive ever done to my DROID. But if you like one of the pre-made ones on the xda thread then ya go ahead and just grab one of those.

Last edited:

lterry913

Reaction score
can you use gimsta or have another suggestion to do the color change for slide it or swype ...non rooted and interested tried above suggestion and loved it.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The Clicker.apk is not needed for Droid 2.2 correct???

gIMpSTa

Reaction score
The Clicker.apk is not needed for Droid 2.2 correct???

It isn't required, and there is a separate hi_Res one (clicker_hi).

You would only need it if you wish to adjust the keyboard calibration outside of the stock calibration.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope, all I would want to do is use it as is and maybe do some theming.... thanks!!

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Works now nm must of been bc of my back. I logged on to windows and it worked just fine. :)

mkstn

Reaction score
Just turn your phone sideways when in message mode and the key double in size while still giving you word suggestions!