Motorola Droid 2 Global on T-mobile gsm solution???

Phiter

Reaction score
Hello all, as you can see I'm new to this forum. I'm really noob with this cell phone stuff since the Droid 2 Global is gonna be my first smart phone, so please bare with me.
I just recently ordered the Droid 2 Global, and I'm really curious if this is compatible with my carrier? I really don't want to pay 100$ for DroidBandUnlock to unlock this phone for T-Mobile. I'm hoping there will be different ways to unlock this phone. If there are different ways to unlock this phone, please post them on this thread :) But any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for having the time to read this post to help me out :)
EDIT: Btw I live in the U.S. and plan on using the D2G as a daily phone

Last edited:

awesome2000

Reaction score
I haven't tried any of these methods, but read up and try it.
First thing you will have to do is get your SIM card unlocked. There are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest is to call Verizon Global Department. As long as you are a customer, they will give you a unlock code for you to use.
However, this will only work on GSM carriers outside of the US. To remedy this, you will need to install a custom rom with GSM support. Check out the D2G roms section or try this method ([Tutorial] D2G GSM band unlock--Worked on 330 to GB - Page 4 - xda-developers).
Any other problems you have can easily be addressed with google. Also, do me a favor and update your findings for the rest of us.

OP
P

Phiter

Reaction score
Greatly appreciate the help! But is there more of a simpler way to explain your method? I'm really sorry, I'm obviously noob to this.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Phiter said:
I have droid 2 global and the version is .629 and I tried to SBF flash it and it won't let me get out of Bootloader. I took the battery out and held the X button on the keyboard and I held the power button and it keeps leading me into the bootloader. Idk how to get out of it. Please help ):
how did you flash, RSD Lite?
may need to reflash, redownload sbf, or just use ezSBF, much easier for most
don't leave running too long battery will get to low, and then you can't do anything

edit: what does bootloader say exactly?

Last edited:
OP
P

Phiter

Reaction score
how did you flash, RSD Lite?
may need to reflash, redownload sbf, or just use ezSBF, much easier for most
don't leave running too long battery will get to low, and then you can't do anything

edit: what does bootloader say exactly?
I flashed it by using this guide http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/170060-tool-ezsbf-d2g.html
I think I know what I did wrong but my battery just died.. I'm now charging it with a usb with a red wire and black wire to the battery. Hopefully its working. And whenever I go into bootloader it says this.
Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Really frustrating right now. Been trying to unlock the GSM for 2 days and gotten no where with it.