Motorola Begins Selling their Moto X Unlocking Digital Tattoos

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Motorola really wants to help save you some time with your Moto X, even if it is only a small amount each day. At least, that's what their new Digital Moto X Unlocking Tattoos appear to be designed for...

We reported on these temporary digital tattoos previously, but now Motorola (partnered up with VivaLnk) has put them on sale to the general public. You can order a 10 pack for $9.99. Basically these tats simply unlock your Moto X device without having to punch in a pin code.

Motorola's sales pitch is that the average user unlocks their phone 39 times a day. Supposedly they determined that this process takes about 2.3 seconds to unlock it. Doing the math, these $1 Digital tattoos could net you about 7.5 extra minutes every week.

This obviously begs the question... how valuable is your time to you?

Here's where you can grab these if that seems appealing to you: VivaLnk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
and here I thought it would unlock as in bootloader unlock :)

Do I really need a digital tattoo to save me the time of unlocking my phone? Nope. I don't think there is a need or a market for these (my humble opinion)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's a cool idea. Not sure if saving 7 minutes a week is worth it though. Maybe if you could get them customized to match existing tattoos...now that would be even cooler! :cool:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No thanks. I love the ingenuity though.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
imo, the smartwatch unlock when connected to the phone is better.

I agree. The only problem I have with that is if the power button is accidentally triggered. By the time you pull your phone out of your pocket you've called 5 people, changed your background screen, plotted navigation to SixthToe Arkansas, and purchased Kenny G's Greatest Hits.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL @ Dusty.

Yea, this might be the lamest idea Moto's ever had... Now if it was a REAL tattoo that will work for every phone you buy until you die??? Maybe....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ill pass I mean the 2 secs it take me to draw my pattern really is not that much of an inconvenience for me.