Motorola Battery issues...

Coopz

Reaction score
Hi I joined up hoping someone can help me with my 8 month old XT910. This phone was great for the first 4-5 months, best droid phone I've had, then overnight it suddenly started having issues (I'm not sure if I upgraded to ICS just before or just after the problem began). The battery dies fast, it will last 8-10 hours on standby if it has minimal use. Where I used to get 3-4 days I'm often lucky if it makes it home from work if I've had to email or use the internet features.
It was under warranty so I returned it to the shop, they sent it away for repairs, 2 weeks later it was back, they replaced the battery, did a hard reset and wiped the cache, took it home, same dam problems... No improvement. Annoyed I returned it to the shop they got in contact with Motorola who sent it to their 'advance' tech dept. Phone was returned 2 weeks later, they replaced the battery again, cleaned the terminals and did another data wipe, same as before.. Problem still remains. Its maybe 10-20% better but it still cannot last 24 hours on standby even with the sim removed.
I have done multiple resets, cache wipes, hard resets, installed battery and cpu monitors, disabled pretty much everything on the phone all to no avail...:(

One thing yesterday that made me wonder if the battery is rogered, I went to work, turned it off, it has 30% left when I left it. Came home 8 hours later and the battery was totally flat, wouldn't even turn on.. Is it possible the phone has had 2 faulty batteries? Seems unlikely but its all I can think of.

I don't want to return it again as the technical support is hopeless. Does anyone know any tricks to getting this thing back to its original glory days?
Any help really welcome:)

jaye712

Reaction score
Make sure ur on cdma/lte mode @netwrk settings..Go to settings/more/mobile netwrk n switch to cdma/lte..global is set automatically with ics...you can set your smart actions..when ur screen is off, for it to shut data or wifi off,screen time,15 seconds(since the phone wakes randomly)i use extended battery n low battery i believe..n my personal use,i used mattyp's 215 leak classroom thread(up to ur own preference, read threw befour u decide).helps with battery n it can solve some problems u might have n foxkats battery train is also a plus..

215 G.I JANE/OORAHH

OP
C

Coopz

Reaction score
Thanks for that I gave it a try but halfway through the install it said there was a signature problem. I have the Oceania/Optus XT910, not sure if the patch is compatible?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Is it possible they told you they replaced the battery and actually did not? If the phone is turned off (NOT sleep mode) and the battery is still running down, that certainly sounds like a defective battery to me.

David

jaye712

Reaction score
I second that,That's possible too

215 G.I JANE/OORAHH

ddfuji

Reaction score
demand a brand new phone and get rough with them, point out its obviously not the battery. after two technical repairs that's justification for a new phone.