Motorola Accuweather Widget from 2.0.1 Milestone

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Here is a little tidbit for all you Weather Widget hounds. Not a big deal but came across it in the 2.0.1 Milestone dump and thought I would share.

In your Widgets list it will show up as "Weather".

This is the official Motorola Accuweather Widget. It is a 2x1 Widget that displays location and current conditions, tapping it brings up a 2 day forecast with buttons for "Hourly", "Radar" and "Setup". The first 2 buttons are just direct links to the information on the accuweather website.

Download attached zip, extract "com.motorola.widget.weather.accuweather.apk" and install like any other 3rd part app.

broosewee

Reaction score
Pretty cool, simple and functional. Do you know if it can follow your location and update weather data dynamically?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Pretty cool, simple and functional. Do you know if it can follow your location and update weather data dynamically?

Not sure, I only installed it long enough to make sure it was safe, worked OK on the Droid and to check out the main features.

Poke around some and see what you find out about Geolocation features, or not.

broosewee

Reaction score
Not sure, I only installed it long enough to make sure it was safe, worked OK on the Droid and to check out the main features.

Poke around some and see what you find out about Geolocation features, or not.

Yea, same here. Doesn't seem like it can follow you, plus the Weatherbug widget does geolocation and has a 1x1 widget with all the pertinent info displayed. That's what I will continue to use.

Michie

Reaction score
city

Does anyone know why this widget wants to show me the weather in various cities that I have not been to?? I have to open the widget and go to the 2nd screen to see my city's weather. :(

It would be awesome if the 1st page would show the weather for where you actually are, instead of some random city in the U.S.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

endersgame

Reaction score
I came uopn this app and I really like it. My husband saw it and liked it so much he paid for the pro version. I think it is the only app he has paid for.
Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.
Android Weather Widget - Android Weather Widget - Best Animated App
Video:
[video=youtube;KY9qkmzbBy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9qkmzbBy4]YouTube - Animated Weather Forecast App For Android Free Realistic Weather Forecast on Your Android.avi[/video]