MOTOROLA MILESTONE now available at TELUS

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-milestone-canada.jpg

TORONTO, ON — February 16, 2010 — TELUS and Motorola today announced the availability of the much-anticipated Motorola Milestone in Canada. Motorola Milestone, powered by Android, delivers a rich mobile web experience, superior messaging and top-of-the-line multi-media features in an innovative design that could only come from Motorola.

Milestone features the best of both worlds with a full QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen navigation, as well as the opportunity for users to customize their mobile with widgets and the freedom to run multiple applications at once.

“We are excited to bring the Motorola Milestone to Canada,” said Rick Gadd, vice-president, Motorola Canada Mobile Devices. “Canadians will now have the chance to experience a smartphone with no limits; harnessing the power of the mobile web with the latest version of Android, plus Google (NSDQ: GOOG)™ Search, simple messaging and extreme multi-media features.”

“The Motorola Milestone is quite a powerful Smartphone for Canadians looking for the smart fit to stay connected with their social network,” said David Fuller, senior vice-president of Products and Services at TELUS. “Our focus on Smartphone leadership over the last few years means that we offer our customers a state-of-the-art smartphone line-up that helps them stay connected and entertained on-the-go. The Motorola Milestone is a great addition to our 3G+ smartphone selection.”

Milestone Features:

• The mobile web like never before: Milestone is always ready for lightning-fast browsing with its superior processing speeds, Flash 10-ready HTML browsing, and premium 3G+ connection speeds. Navigation has never been easier with double-tap and pinch and zoom on the 3.7” WVGA display, that offers a clearer, more brilliant screen with twice the resolution of its competitors.
  • The power of Google SearchTM right in the phone: Search and retrieve applications, contacts, songs, and more right from the home screen. With local search, Google makes location-based recommendations according to where the user is.
  • Messaging made easy: With the world’s thinnest full QWERTY slider, a widescreen display, and copy-and-paste capability, Milestone can text, IM and email at blazing speeds. And, with Milestone’s Quick Connect option simply tap a contact and instantly access him/her via phone, IM, email or text.
  • Integrated personal and business lives: Work and personal email all on Milestone through Exchange-server support, POP3, IMAP and GmailTM. Seamless contact integration keeps personal and professional lives in sync and provides access to friends through Exchange and Gmail contacts.
  • Customized home screens: Discover thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets available on Android Market™. Think of the home screen like a personalized desktop; download applications for music, news, sports, games or tools and arrange them to create a custom home screen.
  • A multi-media powerhouse: Milestone’s 5 megapixel digital camera comes with Auto-Focus, dual LED flash and image stabilization. Want to capture moving memories? Milestone records DVD (D1) quality footage with one-touch broadcast-quality (30 fps) playback and easy 3G or Wi-Fi YouTube™ uploads.
  • Store and manage media in a snap: Store favourite movies, photos and music on Milestone’s 16 GB memory card included inbox. Manage it all using Motorola Media Link, which connects Milestone to a PC and the Web, providing the ability to manage, secure, share and extend media files.
  • Unique docking station: when placed in its multi-media station1, Milestone automatically transforms into a multi-media hub for movies, music, pictures and can even act as your bedside alarm clock.

Other Milestone Highlights:

• Powered by Android 2.0
  • Superior call quality with CrystalTalk™ Plus that filters out background noise and enhances voice quality
  • 3.7” widescreen display with 854 pixel width and more than 400,000 total pixels (more than twice the leading competitor) so you can see more of the web, e-mail, and more
  • Full suite of Google applications including: Google Maps™, Gmail, Google Talk™, YouTube™
  • Use stereo Bluetooth® to take calls and listen to music hands-free
  • Plug your favourite headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack and kick back to your favourite music or movies
Availability

The Motorola Milestone is available only at TELUS for as little as $199.99 with a three-year commitment. For more information please visit Select your province | TELUS Mobility or Motorola Canada - Cellular phones, pagers, radios and more. The telecommunications leader!.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the Canadian Droid (milestone) already comes with Flash 10!?

"The mobile web like never before: Milestone is always ready for lightning-fast browsing with its superior processing speeds, Flash 10-ready HTML browsing, and premium 3G+ connection speeds. Navigation has never been easier with double-tap and pinch and zoom on the 3.7” WVGA display, that offers a clearer, more brilliant screen with twice the resolution of its competitors."

Ready... not with :)

MrBigDeal

Reaction score
It's too bad that the only people who have stock is the online warehouse.:icon_evil:

MdicnMan

Reaction score
So, that would means that this is a GSM phone. This is a cool thing if a person actually wanted to use it in the states on TM or ATT.

Big Cam

Reaction score
So the Milestone has pinch and zoom, but the Droid doesnt?

I know it's capable on the Droid but this sounds like it comes on the Milestone.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I haven't looked it up before, because I never really cared, but what is the fundamental difference between Milestone and Droid?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I haven't looked it up before, because I never really cared, but what is the fundamental difference between Milestone and Droid?

No edit button, hrm. Anyways, I looked it up, so I am good to go. Thanks :)

MrBigDeal

Reaction score
So the Milestone has pinch and zoom, but the Droid doesnt?

I know it's capable on the Droid but this sounds like it comes on the Milestone.

Yeah outofbox the milestone has it, I heard the droid (all motorola devices) are supposed to get it soon though

e1diab1o

Reaction score
My friends got the milestone, he brought it over from europe. The only differences he could brag about was the pinch-zoom feature, the fact that it was unlocked and had a SIM card slot, and that the android market was completely unrestricted. BUT, if I'm not mistaken, isn't the market unrestricted for us too? So over all id say my friend spent $500 on a phone i got for $200 and it does the same crap mine does.

bobmundo123

Reaction score
Again. I'm pretty sure that the only difference between the droid and Milestone is the Pinch Zoom. Both phones are Flash 10 Ready, We are just waiting for the update. Both Phones are physically the same ( minus the sim card slot). Droid users, don't be drule-ing over the milestone because its essentially the same phone with a different name

klaw

Reaction score
Here's the differences...

I'm a Canadian Milestone owner (for 5 days - tomorrow will likely be the last). Many elements of the milestone are great, but there are a number of features that are *not* on this device either by design or neglect.

App Market - yes we can view it, but only free apps can be downloaded (read: only the apps that are worth that much).

Service - Haven't had any all day for the past 8 hours (no data, phone was up for some of that time). I thought this was a repeat of my earlier problems a few days ago where the battery had to get pulled repeatedly because it wouldn't connect to the network, but according to Telus - it's the network now.

Contact Synchronization - I've been using a personal (not Exchange) MS Outlook for 10 years including for contacts without email addresses (my Grandmothers were never on the net). You can't synch without email addresses, and can only do one-way overwrites to device by sharing my whole list with Google/Gmail to get it on the milestone.

Calendar Synchronization - I have to download a special application to synch outlook with google, and then to the device? Why do I have to put my calendar on the web? It's just for me.

Keyboard - main reason I didn't get an iphone, along with not wanting to be dictated to as to what apps I can install (ironic). Too wide, no "feel".

GPS/Google Maps - No Turn by Turn on maps, therefore crappy GPS experience. Not sure if this is telus or motorola who's holding back on this one.

Push Email - I've been spoiled by 3 years on a blackberry. I forgot that many devices can only poll for new messages at 5 minute minimum intervals. Ugh.

Font/Display - There's no universal font/display controller for me to customize? I've got good eyesight, and want to get as much content on the screen as I can at a time. These massive buttons/icons/display items make me feel like I'm playing with Tonka Toys.

Media Player - great resolution, too bad it's so jerky even with music. I like that I'm not tied to a particular media player like iTunes though.

I love the idea of android, and want it to be good. But I don't think it's there yet, or the combination of Motorola/Telus/Google is not letting it get there.