Motocast not working?

ricks

Reaction score
I have been using the Motocast auto upload since day 1. This morning it stopped and won't upload my pics to my computer. In the settings, Its says I'm Offline. I can't figure out how to get it connected. I did nothing to my phone or computer for this to happen. HELP, I love this feature.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would try restarting the Motocast server on your PC. If the phone is reporting Motocast is off-line, its likely a problem with the PC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Had a chat session with motorola on their website about this issue and he said that it was impossible to take pics with my phone and upload them wirelessly to my computer. GRRRR! Then I called Motorola 2 times, first lady could not help me at all. I called back to get another tech and went through everything possible. Still could not get it to work. I asked him at least 2 times, could it be a server issue? I had a lot of storms last night. Both times he said NO. After about an hour, he spoke to someone next to him and turns out they are doing maintenance on the servers... I just don't know how they can work like this???:crazy:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So it was an issue with Motorola's own servers? THAT'S INTERESTING... Well, I hope things get back to normal for you soon.

larradar58

Reaction score
My solution

I have been using the Motocast auto upload since day 1. This morning it stopped and won't upload my pics to my computer. In the settings, Its says I'm Offline. I can't figure out how to get it connected. I did nothing to my phone or computer for this to happen. HELP, I love this feature.

I had the same thing happen in the past and still happens periodically. I had a MyCast tech from Motorola help and this is what we did.

On your phone
Go into Settings > Apps
Reset data and clear cache

On the PC
Stop any running Motocast from task manager
Delete Motocast

Plug phone in with USB cable and reinstall Motocast

Enter user name and password.
Should be up and running again.

I have Charter Comm internet and use their Antivirus.
I believe it has something to do with killing Motocast.
My work PC has never had this problem.
On it I use Charter Comm for internet service, but use a different Antivirus.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
On my computer, Motocast says I don't have internet service. On my phone, it says MotoCast Sign In Error. Something with Moto is screwed up.

petersonmlp

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time with the suggestions given here and other forums. The problem was resolved by going to my Droid RAZR, selecting Apps, Motocast, and signing into Motocast (which was my GMail email and password). The upload immediately started. I think this happened after a Android Operating System upgrade last week (3-14-13).