Motocast For USB Syncing Only - Why Is It So Slow?

mmcompute

Reaction score
I use the Motocast program for syncing pictures and videos between my phone and PC. I thought I would use Motocast to stream music but I like Google Music for that so all I use it for is to move files around via USB. The problem is, when I plug the phone in, it takes 10 minutes for the Motocast program to wake up. I mean the program starts immediately but it just sits there analyzing or calculating or getting drunk. Who knows but man it is slow to get going.

So..does anyone know of a way to make Motocast faster?

m3incorp

Reaction score
It may be your computer.

I use the Motocast program for syncing pictures and videos between my phone and PC. I thought I would use Motocast to stream music but I like Google Music for that so all I use it for is to move files around via USB. The problem is, when I plug the phone in, it takes 10 minutes for the Motocast program to wake up. I mean the program starts immediately but it just sits there analyzing or calculating or getting drunk. Who knows but man it is slow to get going.

ddfuji

Reaction score

If it only does it with motocast then its probably not his computer. Unless motocast demands a large amount of resources. I don't like motocast personally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mmcompute

Reaction score
I'm only talking about the transferring of data between my phone and my computer by connecting a USB (sync) cable. I connect the cable, the Motocast window appears, then it just sits there "Loading content". I can sync an iPod in 2 minutes. I can also use windows explorer to browse my SD card while waiting on Motocast to get through doing whatever it is doing. I don't think it is the computer...I think it is Motocast scanning and rescanning all my content both on the phone and my PC and it does this each and every time I connect.

Tell me I'm not the only one seeing this.:blink: