Motoblur Is getting an Update

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
Used to have a Moto Dx. Now I have a Vzw iPhone 4. Motoblur made me do it, couldn't stand it anymore. Still use the x for navigation in my car and a few other things. I really think the manufacturers have cripplied Android with these UI overlays.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
With Launcher Pro Plus and ADW why are people complaining about Motoblur?
It is suppose to be less blur-less. But with these two home switchers why not just change your Home Launcher to what you like... I did it with the DX. It has an HTC Sense Home Launcher with Beautiful Widgets.

Detonation

Reaction score
It is suppose to be less blur-less. But with these two home switchers why not just change your Home Launcher to what you like... I did it with the DX. It has an HTC Sense Home Launcher with Beautiful Widgets.

The problem is that Blur is integrated into the entire OS...the homescreen/UI is just one part of it. Third party launchers have sit on top of it. I actually don't mind a lot of the features of Blur, but from a software stand point its terrible. Buggy, laggy, and causes a lot of hangs up/crashes. HTC's Sense is an example of this kind of thing done right. Its similar to Blur feature wise, but the software its running on is much better...you don't get the frequent lag or crashes.

sb1831

Reaction score
I must be the only person that doesn't even notice a lag and hasn't had a crash or FC on my phone. Hmmm maybe I'm getting Old.

griz8791

Reaction score

This is exactly what I need to know about. I currently have an original Droid running ADW and the Pure Messenger and Calendar widgets. I am ready for a bigger screen, but I understand if I get either a Droid X or a Bionic I will have to deal with this Motoblur which everyone hates. Can I evade the Motoblur nanny-state by running ADW and the widgets I have had the audacity to actually choose for myself, or does that just introduce more lag on top of an already bad foundation?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

The problem is that Blur is integrated into the entire OS...the homescreen/UI is just one part of it. Third party launchers have sit on top of it. I actually don't mind a lot of the features of Blur, but from a software stand point its terrible. Buggy, laggy, and causes a lot of hangs up/crashes. HTC's Sense is an example of this kind of thing done right. Its similar to Blur feature wise, but the software its running on is much better...you don't get the frequent lag or crashes.

My DX in which my wife has now does not have any kind of lag.. It is still fast. I have not had any kind of problems with it. except after the last update.. I had a problem with Home switcher. That is it..

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

This is exactly what I need to know about. I currently have an original Droid running ADW and the Pure Messenger and Calendar widgets. I am ready for a bigger screen, but I understand if I get either a Droid X or a Bionic I will have to deal with this Motoblur which everyone hates. Can I evade the Motoblur nanny-state by running ADW and the widgets I have had the audacity to actually choose for myself, or does that just introduce more lag on top of an already bad foundation?

I have no lag at all. I just had a problem with Home switcher after the fro-yo update...

R

RETG

I must be the only person that doesn't even notice a lag and hasn't had a crash or FC on my phone. Hmmm maybe I'm getting Old.
You're not the only one, I have had no problems in almost three months with my X. And have no problem with the UI.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a Sense version of ADW.laucher over at XDA for download. It is standalone. It works ok. But it will not get rid of blur completely.

(Moto-blur) should be called...(Moto-justmademepukeinmouthalittle)