Moto Z3

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think he is normally pretty spot on with rumors, but have to think this one may be false. Why would Moto put all the time and money into a 5G Mod? What would that give us when 5G connectivity is not even real yet? I have seen this same rumor on at least 6 different tech sites today in my Google News feed. My guess....this is a prototype mod that Moto is using to test 5G connectivity in a select market that has test 5G working. Of course anything is possible and I could be totally wrong, but I just don't see a 5G Moto Mod as a for sale market item that would actually be usable and sell. I guess we shall see later this Summer.

One of the articles in my news feed even started with the comment..."Does anyone even own or use Moto Mods these days...". You can instantly dismiss that site / forum as BS and has no clue what they are talking about.

Thanks for sharing TxDoc!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
For the first time, today, when I checked for system updates, instead of "your up to date", I had the "We are planning Oreo update, check back, blah blah".

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
For the first time, today, when I checked for system updates, instead of "your up to date", I had the "We are planning Oreo update, check back, blah blah".

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Don't hold your breath. I've been staring at that screen since the first week of April.