Moto X Video output

neveragon

Reaction score
So, I like to think that I am fairly good at finding information I want online, but some things for the moto X seem to be eluding me. Is there any way to connect the moto X to a hdtv or something similar? I am still stuck with my droid bionic, but my moto x is in the mail and I really want to know. I have a micro HDMI cable I use with my bionic, but have been unable to find something similar with the moto X.

Thanks in advance,
NevEragon

TatDroid

Reaction score
The X has no HDMI slot, but I believe you can buy a micro USB to HDMI adapter that will then allow video out.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The adapter your looking for is called an MHL adapter. There are plenty of options available across the internet, but I do not know whether or not they work with the Moto X.

geekabilly

Reaction score
That's what Chromecast is for; Koush also created an app, Allcast I think - the OTG will only let you mount a flash drive, I believe - it's not an HDMI adapter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
That's what Chromecast is for; Koush also created an app, Allcast I think - the OTG will only let you mount a flash drive, I believe - it's not an HDMI adapter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Koush's Allcast app doesn't work with Chromecast. Chromecast, as of now, is still somewhat limited in terms of video output. It works mainly with apps directly from the Play Store and doesn't allow you to access or play your video content saved to your device (such as recorded videos). Many applications aren't supported yet, so it would be hard for me to recommend this to someone looking for an alternative to an HDMI out port. MHL adapters work for many devices to turn your micro usb port into an HDMI port, but it appears that MHL does not work on the Moto X. There are also Miracast wireless display options featured in the Moto which might help solve your issues if you do some research on how to get it set up.

Edit: Looks like there is hope on the horizon. See the article below.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/08/android-4-4-1-shows-signs-that-mirorring-to-chromecast-is-coming/

geekabilly

Reaction score
All true, pat, just saying those are the closest alternatives to hardwire for the time being

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk