Moto X (Gen1) to get Moto X (Gen 2) features?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
logo-moto-footer.png

The Initial rumor mill said that the First Gen Moto X would NOT get the newer features of the 2nd Gen Moto X. However, according to a Motorola employee by the name of Punit Soni, VP of Product Management at Motorola Mobility, any device that can support these features will get them.

That's pretty great news. Does this mean Moto will keep the Moto X Gen 1 in stock for those that don't want the larger Gen 2?
Time will tell.

Source: AndroidAndMe

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice find PereDroid. Thanks for the assist! Story is promoted!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would have gotten the features somehow, someway, thanks to Xposed!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That kind of goes along with the Touchless Control app name change to Moto Voice. The app name was changed to support the new Moto X and in the What's New section it states: "For Moto X (1st Gen), Droid Maxx, Mini & Ultra users, stay tuned for updates soon." Nice to see Motorola sharing some of the new features with the 2013 phones.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the cool new features is the ability to touch multiple notifications and see the status. As of now, I can only touch one notification at a time, and it's usually the last one that appears.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I know that I floated the idea of Moto X 2.0 to my wife. She was not enthused. I may covertly upgrade myself and leave her on Gen 1.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I know that I floated the idea of Moto X 2.0 to my wife. She was not enthused. I may covertly upgrade myself and leave her on Gen 1.

So she won't notice the device in your hand, with the smooth leather backing and ridiculously larger display?

Yeah Right!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If she's anything like my wife, no. It looks similar enough that mine wouldn't notice.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
If she's anything like my wife, no. It looks similar enough that mine wouldn't notice.
My wife and I are moving into our new house on the last weekend of this month. I was thinking this weekend that with the distraction of the move... Hmmm....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My wife and I are moving into our new house on the last weekend of this month. I was thinking this weekend that with the distraction of the move... Hmmm....
Too funny! Good luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with this scenario and I encourage it wholeheartedly.

on the move..