Moto X Double-Header: Moto X to Include Nano-SIM & Moto X Magic Glass Pics Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motox-magic-glass-pic.png

We have a double scoop of creamy delicious Moto X news this afternoon. For the first scoop we have the above pic which is supposedly of the new Magic Glass for the Moto X which we shared rumors about previously. This new leak seems to confirm that the zero-gap, smooth-edge transition display will indeed be included with the new Moto X. There are a few more pics which you can find here, but the one above seems to show the best angle.

The second yummy dip could be one of those flavors that some people hate while others love. (Now I am craving some ice cream.) Apparently, the new Moto X will come with a Nano-SIM instead of a Micro-SIM. This could pose a problem if you switch your devices often, unless you are coming from an iPhone 5 or a Droid 3. It's odd to see Motorola choose this option, but there are probably some good reasons behind it.

moto-x-nano-SIM1.jpg

Sound off what you think of these newly discovered "features."

Source: AndroidAuthority

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Interesting especially if the point of this device is to get into the international markets. But I am sure people could use a sim card cutter to make it work.

matukqo

Reaction score
Well after buying this device I will have a SIM card, Micro-SIM card and a Nano-SIM card.... I'm just hoping I don't have to pay more for it from Verizon....

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Fortunately my wife is in her 2nd iP5. I kept the sim from the replacement phone and just put her old sim in the new phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The only benefit to the Nano-Sim is its slightly smaller size. In the world of ever-stiffer competition to make these phones with larger displays and yet smaller bezels and thinner and lighter, I suppose every few millimeters of extra plastic around those gold contacts become valuable real estate. Truth is, the physical chip to which those connections lead is all but a fraction of the size of the contact area itself, and we're not that far from a whole new, smaller standard in sim cards surfacing. The question is, how small can the card be before its so small it's difficult to handle. I have a hard enough time handling the Micro-SD and Micro-Sim of today. If they get much smaller, there is going to be a lot of people dropping and losing those tiny circuit board cards.