Moto G2 Pics Hit the Web

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-g2.jpg

For any of our members curious about the upcoming Moto G2, we have some leaked pics which are supposedly of that device. We aren't actually sure the next iteration of the Moto G will be called the G2, but it's as good a name as any to start with.

Along with these pics we have some rumored specs as well:
  • 5-inch 720p display
  • Higher resolution 8MP camera
  • Front-facing stereo speakers
  • A microSD slot.
  • Quad-core Snapdragon 400
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8/16GB storage options
If true, it means this will be more of a refresh than a full sequel. One other tidbit that becomes obvious from this is the removable and customizable back covers. This is obviously a theme/marketing feature that is working well for Motorola, so it makes sense they would continue it.

You can see the rest of the pics in the thread below.

Source: AndroidAuthority

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of those Moto G2 pics:

moto-g2.jpg

moto-g2-2.jpg

moto-g2-3.jpg

moto-g2-4.jpg

D

Divergent

The screenshots are looking pretty but also very cheap design, so it's not a go for me.
I don't know about the CPU because there is only mentioned a Quad Core and i don't know how many Ghz ;) hehehe, 1GB ram is too less.
Anyway this is not a go for me.

Sent from a bunch of fingers using AOSP Keyboard

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We have the first gen G and it's definitely priced/specc'ed to be an entry-level phone. The main advantage (for us) is that it's cheap and comes unlocked. Probably not the kind of phone the average user here would buy -- other than maybe as a backup device (which raises it's own set of issues, e.g., the Verizon variant can only be used on a prepaid line).

However, I'm intrigued to see the SD card slot, which was unheard of on the other Moto (X, G, and E) devices, OTHER than the Moto G LTE. I'm curious why they're bending the "rule." I also wonder if this in any way hints at the possibility on the Moto X+1.

-Matt