Moto dx bug fix update 4.5.602

Leung

Reaction score
well poop. is there any way not to install it because it's in the middle of downloading right now.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Scared

Stock DX. Is the battery any better? That is my biggest complaint of GB. I would love to know the improvements because I was not happy with the GB update. THanks

draexo

Reaction score
Stock DX. Is the battery any better? That is my biggest complaint of GB. I would love to know the improvements because I was not happy with the GB update. THanks

Wow. Never heard anyone complaint about GB vs Froyo! GB is much better!

yearn

Reaction score
Man! I wish they would make a 1 click app, like z4root or gingerbreak. I know they hate people griping, and I'm very grateful for all the hard work they do. But it would make life much simpler!

en28so

Reaction score
I upgraded to stock GB and it had pretty good battery life, but i miss root, so today I'm going to sbf back to froyo and install the TBH leak so I can get my root back. I hope battery life doesn't change with this method. It shouldn't right?

draexo

Reaction score
I upgraded to stock GB and it had pretty good battery life, but i miss root, so today I'm going to sbf back to froyo and install the TBH leak so I can get my root back. I hope battery life doesn't change with this method. It shouldn't right?

No it shouldnt.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

yearn

Reaction score
Had anyone tried installing the update over the rooted GB? Will it even take it? It's prompting me to download it.

jivebiscuit

Reaction score
Had anyone tried installing the update over the rooted GB? Will it even take it? It's prompting me to download it.

Installed just fine on rooted .596, updated radios as appropriate but it did break root. Guess I have to wait for TBH to come out with the public .602 root update.

Cheers

J_Bone

Reaction score

Mine didn't take. I unrooted and it still didn't take so it has something to do with the files created by rooting.SBF time...

akj27

Reaction score
I installed this new update and my Droid X now says it's in Safe Mode. What does that mean? Is that something I should disable?

kevinkar

Reaction score
Wow. Never heard anyone complaint about GB vs Froyo! GB is much better!
What? What? What??!!? Really? You're being sarcastic, right? There's a whole lot of complaints here about GB, myself included! I just installed the bug fix and, though Google Sky Map and Google Maps Street View Compass Mode are "fixed", they still work a bit as if they are fighting the accelerometers so it seems like a workaround patch rather than an actual fix. The reversed right-left rotation in portrait mode (or was it landscape?) is fixed though. Also the additional punctuation menu problem still exists (long press the period to bring up the extra punctuation menu and it disappears if you lift your finger off the screen before selecting the key you want). There's a whole list of problems at the Motorola Owners' Forum I need to check again now.....

Leung

Reaction score
Well I install the rooted version of GB like you instructed and it seems to be so much better than the OTA version but it seems to be on .596.

Where can I find the one with the updated radio?

Last edited:

Leung

Reaction score
everyone else, me included, seemed to have problems with the notification LED and or the battery dying much quicker than normal.