Moto Droid Weirdness on Wall Charger

oakley

Reaction score
Hello All,

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I've searched and been unable to find anything on this (probably not using correct search terms)...

I just got a used Droid that I purchased off of eBay (didnt want to pay $600 new). The phone is in great condition and seems to work fine, except when I hook it up to a wall charger. When initially plugged in, the unlock and sound buttons start freaking out, the screen starts going nuts, etc. If I click the lock/power button before and black out the screen it stops though. I had to unplug it earlier so I could hang up on a call it made all by itself...

It's crazy, it just starts going through menus, clicking icons, etc ... but again, it only does it when I plug it in (dont have a multimedia station so I dont know if it'll do it there or not), but will stop if I click the lock button; or if I click the lock button before I plug it into the wall charger..

Anyone else seen this and maybe have a fix for it? I cant take it to the store (obviously) so I am hoping it's something either known with this release of Android or that there's a fix for it somehow, etc...

Thanks all,

- oak

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why can't you take it to the store....Still a manufacture warranty on it...

And this has been posted several times.....Are you using the Droid Charger?

hobby31

Reaction score
I had kinda the same issue with the dock. The dock came with another charging cable but I had bought an inexpensive one for $10. I was using the $10 one with the dock and using the original one to connect with my computer. With the cheaper cable the touch screen would go nuts in the dock. The music button would start the weather, the weather would start the slide show, etc... Someone suggested I use the original charger and everything works fine now. These same type issues have been posted around the forum and it is usually a problem with other charging cables. I don't know why but the droid seems to work better with original chargers. Must have something to do with the magnets or something. The original charger for the droid is kinda thick and is 2 pieces: the square box that plugs into the wall and the cable plugs into that via a usb connection so it doubles as a connection for the computer. If you got it off ebay you might have gotten a different charger.

Edit: forget to mention that hooking the cheap charger straight to the droid works fine, just when I hook it to the dock does the droid go nuts.

Last edited:
OP
O

oakley

Reaction score
Thanks all! My apologies on creating yet another thread. I was for sure using the wrong terms in my searches. Looks like I'll be looking into another (correct) charger.

- oak