Moto Droid Music Player Won't Recognize New Music or Restructured Folders...

RustySkoog

Reaction score
So I just decided to take all of the music off of my Moto Droid after compiling music from 3 different locations (one being the phone itself) into a single place on an external hard drive and then organized it into a better folder system. I then moved music (some of it the same, some of it different) back onto the phone. When I go into Music, it shows all of the old music that was on there and nothing that I re-organized or added fresh. I've tried rebooting the phone a few times, I just unmounted and then re-mounted the SD card, and I've had no success getting the phone to recognize the music it now has on it, rather than what it had on it a few hours ago...

When I use a file manager, I can go in and play the music, but going directly through the Music player yields nothing but frustration.

Any help on how to make the correct music show up would be greatly appreciated.

-Rusty

OP
R

RustySkoog

Reaction score
Oops...

Well, I guess the phone just took its sweet time (almost an hour) indexing all of the new music before it showed up correctly. It probably had something to do with the fact that I went from zero music (I deleted all music previously on there) to 10.8 GB of music in one shot. I should've known better and just checked again in the morning before posting my initial question... Oh well, live and learn.

Night all.

-Rusty

EvilB

Reaction score
Music player not recognizing new music

I am having the same problem as Rusty I download new songs but they do not show up in my music player. I have OI file manager and go in a folder that has the song and play through there. I have a friend that had the same issue but his corrected itself. I have had no luck of it magically correcting itself. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
R

RustySkoog

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as Rusty I download new songs but they do not show up in my music player. I have OI file manager and go in a folder that has the song and play through there. I have a friend that had the same issue but his corrected itself. I have had no luck of it magically correcting itself. Any suggestions?

What worked for me was to reboot the phone, and then just open, but don't use, the Music player for a few hours to let it index all of the new music. How long has it been since you put the new music on your phone? If you have a substantial amount of new music, it could very well take the better part of a work day to re-index all of the new files. Give it a day, and if it still won't recognize the new music, then it sounds like there's another issue at play.

EvilB

Reaction score
The last new songs I added was like two days ago. I only had three songs that did not show up before having this issue. I went to a Verizon Store to no avail. I have done a soft restart, but I am a little unsure if a hard restart will correct the issue. I might just wait to see what happens unless someone can give me any ideas.

spugemaster

Reaction score
I just had a problem with music not showing up so I dismounted the sd card and then remounted it and all of the music was recognized/updated.

wysts43

Reaction score
Any more suggestions on this? I have several albums that will play from a file manager app, but the android music player does not show the songs. I have let it sit for a while and it never "updated". I've tried DoubleTwist and Mixzing and I had even worse issues with those players (file info being completely overwritten making searching for songs/albums/artists completely impossible). Help!

OP
R

RustySkoog

Reaction score
If you've given your phone a full day after you added the files, I'm not sure what else to suggest besides removing and reloading the problem files.