Moto Droid Mic not picking up on calls

kanyon40

Reaction score
My moto droid which I got earlier this week (brand new, but from third party so no verizon warranty) has an issue where sometimes the mic doesn't pick up my voice when I try to make calls. I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me. This is happening more often than not, which means I can almost never talk on the phone.

Here is the odd part, the voice dialing/google voice works just fine. I can say "call bonnie" and it calls my wife, but then I can't talk to her because she can't hear me.

The first time I had a problem, I removed some apps and it fixed the problem. The second time it did it I did a factory reset (though I didn't realize it would reinstall my downloaded apps when I did that) and it didn't help. I then went and manually uninstalled a few apps (like star wars soundboard and crap like that). Then the phone worked. Then it stopped again. I don't know if it is app related, hardware related, software related, or what. I called motorola and they didn't do any troubleshooting, just said to call verizon and ask for a replacement.

As I said, because the microphone works for other things, I am not certain why it wouldn't work on making calls. Any help would be appreciated.

simulacreant

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with my Droid and 2.1. It started out of the blue a few weeks ago.
Anyone have any suggestions?

OP
kanyon40

kanyon40

Reaction score
I have sent mine back to motorola twice, and both times they sent it back that there is nothing wrong with the phone. My solution, so far, has been that I bought another one and gave up on getting help with this one. :icon_evil:

simulacreant

Reaction score
Ouch, that's too bad and I'm sorry to hear that. I would rather not do that and I'm out of my 30 day return period. Maybe I will take it back to the Verizon store. Maybe, just maybe 2.2 will solve the issue.