Moto Droid Force Closes phone w/ call waiting

mh0234

Reaction score
This is my first post on the forum, but I've been lurking and learning for awhile! :)

I got my Motorola Droid 6 weeks ago and have been loving it. About 2 weeks ago I starting having a problem. I'm using Launcher Pro Beta and get an occasional force close, which I'm expecting to get.

But about 2 weeks ago, if I'm on a call and get another call coming thru....when I try to switch calls the phone freezes up halfway thru the swipe to answer. It will switch over to the 2nd call and put the 1st call on hold, but I get some kind of "phone.android is not responding" message on the screen and can not switch back to the 1st call. When the 2nd caller hangs up completely, it will switch me back to the 1st caller but my screen won't respond. Sometimes I have to turn off the phone or pull the battery, and sometimes it will go back to normal when the call is over.

I've done a hard reset, and went to the VZW store yesterday and they told me they needed to completely wipe the phone and start from scratch. Well they did that, and I reinstalled absolutely everything when I got home, only to find out its still doing the same thing.

Sorry for the long post, but I tried to describe it the best I could.

Has anyone ever seen this happen before? I almost don't wanna swap the phone out if I don't have to, only because I have a really good screen protector installed and I'm sure they wouldn't do anything for me about that if they swap it out.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

jsgurl

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my last droid phone. It had LOTS of problems but before I could take it in to get fixed but I thought I was lucky when I lost it. Now my second phone is acting up too, only had it for two weeks.

OP
M

mh0234

Reaction score
Update......

Lately I've been having a LOT of force closes with the Slacker Radio widget. The more I thought of it, this phone issue started right about the time I put the Slacker widget up. I was getting force closes from Slacker even when I had the app closed.

I took the Slacker widget off today, and I have had no phone issues at all today. Hopefully this might've solved my problem!